any one used these before

cannondale king":23gctx44 said:
my bike fits ;) i suffer with wrist problems from knife work in the navy (chef) then working with marines i had to a lot of heavy lifting and im not a big guy :oops: ie my wrists get shagged on long rides and take a couple of weels to sort themselfs out :cool:
A navy chef who's good at handling knives and used to be a marine? Your last name wouldn't be Segal, would it? :p
Touring is my thing, and I'm very heavy, so I've tried a lot of different bars and stems as it was a big deal to me.
I have to say, the Moustache bar and a high, short stem revolutionised my long distance riding. Being able to move my hands and wrists into different positions are the only reason I can ride for more than a couple of hours.

Dan, (or Mr Segal) I had a pair on a bike I didn't build and was going to get rid of them. I tried them first and was very impressed. So impressed in fact that I bought the company....No not really, but I have fitted them to my new build as comfort is more important than age correctness:

Attachments

• Controls (600 x 445).jpg
    Controls (600 x 445).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 997
+1 for general comfort and function of the Ergon range but I have to disagree re the GC2 to an extent. If you have smaller hands then the GC2 is perfectly good for most riding conditions, you just don't grip them like normal bar-ends. You grip the stubby part with the thumb, index and middle fingers while your ring finger and pinky grip the wing portion of the grip itself, so your overall hand position is a bit further back than it would be with a regular bar end.

Believe me, it's more comfortable and less clumsy than I've made it sound! It wouldn't work as well if you have big hands though.

rc300":2v8s6v04 said:
The grips are really good if you have problems with either numb fingers or with your wrists. I know James the guy who takes care of the UK. You may see him at events with his big green van!
I could go into great detail about why and how they work but just log onto the ergon site as most is explained on there. They do some GX1 race grips that come in at 128g a pair. Steer clear of the GC2 as the bar end is too short to be of any comfortable use.
The GR range are available in 2 sizes. small and large. Most people are small. Large can interfear with the release lever on XT shifters when shfting down on the single release versions.

heathy swears by them.

beginning to think iwasgoodonce is heathy actually. give they have the same mint nos kili flyer etc.

:shock:

Back