any mot people out there?

that volvo is cool.

my eventual plan is to remove the engine, gearbox and rear suspension and modify the chassis to accept an mg tf rear end. they have engine, box and suspension in one subframe so it comes out as a single unit. uprate the head gasket and you have cheap reliable horsepower and a 5 speed box

Always fancied building a Robin Hood 7 but have recently been toying with idea of fitting a VW PD 1.9 TDi engine in one....

I guess the extra engine weight would create a pendulum effect and the extra torque would make it wheelspin everywhere it went? I've no experience whatsoever, just guessing.

legrandefromage":2obxo6wz said:
Always fancied building a Robin Hood 7 but have recently been toying with idea of fitting a VW PD 1.9 TDi engine in one....

I guess the extra engine weight would create a pendulum effect and the extra torque would make it wheelspin everywhere it went? I've no experience whatsoever, just guessing.

Why not buy mine? I reckon a modern diesel engine would weigh less than an old cross flow. Converting it to rear wheel drive would be more of a problem not to mention all the engine management wiring etc.

Back