Any experience with armourtex? or Argos?any in London based?

I have heard that they take a while to get things done never used them though. Any pictures of their work?

Read some negative reviews on Mario Vaz! Talk about poor finishing, poor quality paint work and chips etc. strange how some people have different experiences.
Seems as if the place in Bristol has good reviews but expensive and what's difference between powder coat and paint on a frame and difference in finishing and looks? Ie. Metallic violet in powder coat?

cce":4cmaw4yi said:
Argos are pretty but fragile.
I've not found that. I did manage to scrape the paint on my silver Cats Wiskas, but that was with the rear disc when fumbling the wheel into / out of the frame.

I would caution against Colourtech. They are very slow, my Roberts took 6 months, and that was with Brian at Roberts chasing them. Another member waited a year and when the frame arrived it was damaged (prior to packing), they did put it right, but no one takes a year to spray a frame. :facepalm:

NeilM":35pag2yh said:
cce":35pag2yh said:
Argos are pretty but fragile.
I've not found that. I did manage to scrape the paint on my silver Cats Wiskas, but that was with the rear disc when fumbling the wheel into / out of the frame.

I would caution against Colourtech. They are very slow, my Roberts took 6 months, and that was with Brian at Roberts chasing them. Another member waited a year and when the frame arrived it was damaged (prior to packing), they did put it right, but no one takes a year to spray a frame. :facepalm:

my flam red picked up a rub wound while taking it home wrapped in a duvet!

cce":2jzvt1o4 said:
my flam red picked up a rub wound while taking it home wrapped in a duvet!
Mine had a large cardboard box dumped on it (kids eh?) and was unscathed.

New paint is always scary stuff.

ibbz":1gem7bkq said:
Read some negative reviews on Mario Vaz! Talk about poor finishing, poor quality paint work and chips etc. strange how some people have different experiences.

I think it depends how fast you want the frame turned round and if you are prepared to pay for a better finish.

As I have said no complaints with Mario. If you are expecting a silk purse do not supply him with a sows ear or at least be prepared to wait and pay extra for the vast amount of extra work. None of the frames have suffered chipping so far.

Ive had about ten frames done with mario, and picking up a couple next week..

He's off on tuesday I think.

Mario get's my vote

Back