Any electricians - light keeps blowing fuse

Sure you don't fancy a drive over GK?

Here are the latest exciting updates

*With the switch not connected the fuse doesn't blow. (i.e. the light is hard wired to the lightin circuit).
*With the switch connected the fuse blows.

Guess this wouod point to the switch wire, however a check with the meter shows no problem. No leakage between phases and everything connected as it should be.

Further checking the phases at the rose on the main there is a low resistance between earth and neutral. Since I'm not clear if this is to be expected I think I need to get a man in...

resistance between the wires should be high as there is no continuity between them ie no touching...lowresistance implies that the insulation between the neutral nad earth isnt as good as it should be...either way ya gunna have to bite the bullet here and get someone in to sort it....
ps is the wire in the wall or surface fixed....in the wall means either chasing the old cable out or having trunking down yourwall...the latter is by far the cheapest and quickest...

gibbleking":3rhtuzwc said:
pushes nose up andinquires ina strange voice" are you local?"

picks up on comedy reference and replies "probably more than twelvety miles away unfortunately, West Sussex".

Back