Any eBike love here?

There could well be a lot coming through on the 2nd hand scene, once people are back at work and not doing any lockdown rides anymore. That might be the case for all bikes though.

What was a big shock for me, shifting from the retro bike world to modern bikes was the cost of components. Mine has SRAM NX group, and the gear changes are a bit clunky so I checked out costs of a new cassette and rear mech. Howwwww much???

Supratada":3hdwhane said:
There could well be a lot coming through on the 2nd hand scene, once people are back at work and not doing any lockdown rides anymore. That might be the case for all bikes though.

What was a big shock for me, shifting from the retro bike world to modern bikes was the cost of components. Mine has SRAM NX group, and the gear changes are a bit clunky so I checked out costs of a new cassette and rear mech. Howwwww much???

I have spent the best part of a year nailing down the problems with my NX groupset. They are very finicky, and yes clunky. It is finally approaching the performance of the GX one I had five years ago after many hours of tweaking etc.

I think your wider point about the secondhand market could well be true - and that will surely hit the price of new bikes too.

2nd hand ebike market might be a bit of a minefield, especially if theres a short use life on motors. And batteries have inherent issues and need treated with care with charging cycles, draining or not draining prior to charging leaving an effect. I know li-ion dont like being left unused to drain, which you might find with lesser used bikes, especially as its looking the best part of 500 to replace one :?

The software shows usage. battery capacity and efficiency etc, so one would hope that like mileage and no.of previous owners on a car, the prices would reflect the usage.

I have a mate who comes out fairly regularly with me , ex enduro motorbike rider so lacking in finesse and just ploughs through stuff , loves his e-bike and now comes out regularly (he's still buggered afterwards but is using less and less assistance ), one of out regular area group riders has one and it means we don't have to wait at the top of hills for him or he doesn't bugger off walking in front and get lost !! so the rest of the group benefit , I've looked at them myself but am holding off for a few years so some of the weight , lack of regeneration and reliability issues are sorted (want to hit 60 before going assisted) , they will become the future and as with all things will have plus points and negative points, get used to them as you will be wanting one when you get to the age where the 30>40 mile moorland slogs fill you with dread about trying to keep up with the youngsters .

Both types of bikes give benefits, I use my Kona Smoke around the lanes and an E-bike when I am going around the Pennines being 60 odd years old and having had a heart attack last year I reckon the E-bike got me cycling again faster than a regular bike would have.

Re: Re:

Whitey19999":1y6il1oq said:
The Peugeot

While im sure its very functional, I have to confess I find the styling less that pleasing :)

I reckon most here would be thinking of something along the lines of this 2020 model.

Attachments

• Decathlon-Stilus-Full-Suspension-Electric-Mountain-Bike-1.png
    Decathlon-Stilus-Full-Suspension-Electric-Mountain-Bike-1.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 3,210
Cant wait until they are cheaper.

For me they wouldn't replace anything i do on bikes at moment, they would offer me a different type of 2 wheel adventure.

Back