Answer Manitou Comp?

Yep - both legs identical. The main stack is one huge elastomer with some washers around it to keep it straight. Theres a small bottom out elastomer and a rebound one too - the same as all the models for the year.

I've got some PDF's of the owners manual and apart from the stack the only difference in part numbers is on the inner legs - which are different by 1 digit and since the travel difference was only 1/8 of an inch between them I suspect it's just a colour difference. I'll see if I can upload them to the gallery here tomorrow - can't remember where I downloaded them from.

excellent cheers D_XZ. Any idea on travel and age? i know the Manitou 3 was 50mm. I also found this damper cartidge on ebay, although its a bit expensive would something like that fit? from what i understand manitou construction was pretty similar right up the range from 1 to 4

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3DWatching

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
No experience with this particular product, but you totally want a damping cartridge if you're going to go with springs. But before you go ahead with that, try out the elastomers, if the ones you have are good. They're pretty good at damping themselves.. :)

haggis":23j09l95 said:
excellent cheers D_XZ. Any idea on travel and age? i know the Manitou 3 was 50mm. I also found this damper cartidge on ebay, although its a bit expensive would something like that fit? from what i understand manitou construction was pretty similar right up the range from 1 to 4

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3DWatching

I think they came out in 95 or 96. Travel is 1 7/8" according to my printout of the manual. The magnum is 2"

No idea about the damper I'm afraid!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Manual is too big for me to upload here! I've left a note in the catalogue scans forum asking if a MOD can help out but if you want me to email you them in the meantime then just pm your addy to me.

Covers Manitou 4, Magnum and Comp but not EFC

I have NOS green extra soft elastomers for the comp. Yup, and single long elastomer.
Nice fork, not the most expensive, and not quite as intricate as a 3/4, but nice. ;)

Back