another Welsh mission, anyone fancy meeting up?

Re: Re:

wynne":3vjlxkxe said:
No problem Sam - to be honest after 7 hours of Welsh classes I think my reactions might be a bit sluggish.

Jonny - rolled up at Penmachno at 1145 and set off about midday thinking you must have left. I got back to the car at 2 to see a white van with your name on the back. Shame we missed one another - you had a good day for it though it's a pity the best downhill section was out of bounds. I asked everyone I saw whether they were Jonny. Must have looked a right fool.

See what I mean about the gratuitous rocks?

When I went in Jan it seemed to take forever to get round but that may have been because I was with a relative newcomer and someone who is allergic to climbs so pushed them all!

Looking forward to riding it in nice weather.

Re:

just got back from romping around Llandegla, it was really fast there today, quite a few people but not too many if you know what i mean. in some places the trails have been smoothed in a bike park sort of style but the way they have done is good as it adds speed and helps you retain it aswel, shame there is still a section taken out though, one of the main black downhills, which usually then has another climb and another downhill, it made the ride quite short but was still alot of fun.

i was on the Patriot today which i must say i'm really enjoying, the new 2x9 set up i'm using seems good aswel, running a 36t front it just means that if needed i drop to the inner ring slightly sooner but i find myself using 4/5 sprockets on the inner where as previously i'd stick on the mid ring and go to first at the back, then drop to the inner if needed but find it too easy and then go down the cassette so maybe it's making me use the gears in a way that is better for this type of riding.

didn't take any pics on the ride but got this on the way back to Dolgellau

IMG_2105 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

tomorrow is Coed Y Brenin :D

Good stuff.

I'm looking forward to riding Llandegla in the dry. I only ever seen to ride it when it's wet. The black bits always seem pretty dry and fast but the last bit of the red is always wet, slow and hard work.

I'm looking forward to CYB tomorrow.

Re:

i'll be there early, maybe 10ish, gonna knock out the MBR + adams family trails then head home, a 10am start means leaving around 1.30pm which means missing all the traffic spots, i was gonna stop at Afan on the way back to ride tomorrow but i am feeling pretty tired now, after all it is still quite early in the season and my legs ache! i usually don't do a trip this long this early in the year, 4 days riding hard trails is also beating me up! it's the rocks! :shock:

Re:

Right, I'm going to attempt to join you again. My welsh class tomorrow has been postponed, so I can see you at cyb at 10.

I will pm you my mobile number again, but getting a signal there is hit and miss. I'll be in my shite old grey Renault scenic 4x4 and likely riding a knackered looking spooky bandwagon.

I'm going to have to head off about 1pm as the builders are arriving.

Sam - you going to be there? I'll PM you as well.

Rich

I will be there.

Guess I'll be there about 10ish too. Planning in leaving home about eight.

I'll be in a white Fiesta with a Dirt and an Urge sticker on the back. I'll be on my Rune and now have a bright green helmet so can't be missed!

Re:

just got home, well about an hour ago, needed food first! :)

got to Coed Y Brenin, was there about 10minutes when someone walked up to me in a Dulwich Paragon top, hmm . . . he looks quick. and that set the tone!

Wynne (rich) is pretty damn quick (the git!) we headed for the MBR route, i immediately was on the back foot on the climb and he was just as quick on the downhills! i was on the patriot and he was on a Spookey hardtail, frankly if i had been on a hardtail he would have been totally out of my sight downhill aswel!

we did pretty much spank it round the route though and as the last descent was closed we decided not to bother with that climb but add in another climb which then gave us those great "adams family" downhills. :D

all in all a great blast on the bike with yet another good retrobike member.

:D :D

Re:

Glad you made it home in one piece and thanks for the ride - and for showing me your secret route links. We couldn't have had a better day for it.

Went out for a road bike ride this afternoon. Feeling tired now and wondering how I'm going to make it up the stairs to bed...

Good luck with your plans and drop me a PM any time you're heading this way - if I haven't put you off.

Rich

Latest posts

Back