Another one about Risse Genesis shocks

zonoskar

Retro Guru
In my Rocky Mountain Edge TO I have a Risse Genesis shock that doesn't have the correct pressure and also there's air in the oil chamber. I found some manuals about how to service the shock, but I don't see a valve to deflate the shock. I took some pictures of what I think should be the valve, it might have snapped off?

p5pb26468262.jpg

p5pb26468263.jpg

Or is this something weird/obscure? I expected a shraeder valve of some sorts. I tried sticking a screwdriver in there, but it wouldn't budge. If I press something pointy in the hole, it appears to bounce, maybe there's some rubber in there?

I thought it was a schraeder valve to pump these up. Might be an older/modded football needle type port. Looks like the shock shaft has been sanded/abraded previously. I can see many fine scratch marks at diagonal angles in the pictures? Maybe the reason for the air loss?

The air valve is the old football needle type, make sure you lube the needle when trying to inflate it. I have this type of valve on a Lawwill leader fork fitted with Risse shock, It didn't hold air for long, so I made some new valves using cured Sikaflex & I've not needed to add air for well over 2yrs.

Back