Another On-One 456 Carbon Build

Very nice.

I have to say I am tempted by a 456c.

Are you running a 100mm fork?

Better put down the red wine and hide the credit card ......

letmetalktomark":5krbhtd3 said:
Very nice.

I have to say I am tempted by a 456c.

Are you running a 100mm fork?

Thanks

I've got to admit, I can't really see a reason for spending more on a modern day hard tail frame and I have no real interest in a full suss. I ride XC and The 456 does everything I want it to do, so it's definitely scratched my modern itch.

The C-Types are 100mm, the fighters that I will get round to trying at some point are 150mm.

Excellent.

Thanks for that.

I could be tempted to reduce total bike weight on a current built but would only ever want 100mm travel :?

Do you feel the bike descends okay with 100mm up front. I can never get my head around how a designer can take into account such a wide range of travel and it "ride okay" in each.

I have to say I prefer my Soul with 100/115/120mm travel rather than the 140 it can take.

Ho hum.

Lets hope they run out of 20'' frames soon .....

don't know if it's all that carbon bunched up at the steerer tube, or the clearance of the down tube from the front wheel, but it seems really lo-o-o-ong.

very nice though, can't go wrong for £299 :cool:

Nice build - just finished one myself, here's a snap.

Attachments

• P1040277b.JPG
    P1040277b.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,275
  • P1040276b.JPG
    P1040276b.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 1,275
Re:

May be wrong but did I just buy your fighters on eBay???

How is the 456, really interested as am trying to work out what I can put the 150mm fighters (I just bought) on, and had thought the 456 carbon looked like a good option, especially at 299 quid! Then found your build thread. Was a bit concerned as some reviews say it's a beast and really uncomfortable...and others say it's fine?!

Cheers, beauf :D :D :D

Back