Another Newbie...

voodoo-kid

Devout Dirtbag
Hi there folks. I'm a some-time lurker of the website and after having aa shat with Sketchyxup after having an unsuccessful punt at his Raleigh Freeride, I though... "Hey this lot seem OK, maybe i should sign up". So I did, and here I am. So props to Rob for being thoroughly decent and getting back to me. Don't get that on Singletrack.

About me...

I'm Mark and i'm a bikeaholic!

I originate from the badlands of the Fens but now live down in Bristol. I first started riding off-road as a lad on bikes that really weren't designed for that (ploughed fields and racing bikes anyone?). I went to University and feel into mountainbiking via a couple of mates. A GT Arrowhead was bought, crashed and sold. Then i got a Raleigh Mtrax Titanium off a mate at Raleigh, broke two and sold the warranty replacement. Then onto an unbranded jump bike, broke that inside 9months! I progressed (regressed) to a Dawes Edge One singlespeed that was absolutely ace. Sold that and bought the '06 Voodoo Wanga that i still have. I also had a '04 Marin Attack Train that i broke and sold the warranty replacement to fund a very nice Whyte 19 Titanium (that i couldn't sell as it cost too much).

I also thought i'd give a cross bike a go as a commuter. I owned a Focus Mares Cross for a few years but got fed up with rubbish brakes and toe overlap so i bought a Boardman CX Team that i just couln't get on with. That went after 18months and i'm currently loving my 2012 Cotic X in lurid green.

Well that's a potted history, s'pose i'd best get posting stuff...

No retrobikes at present but my wishlist will follow in another post.

Cheers folks

Mark

Gee thanks. See, I said you lot were nice. I nver had a welcome to Singletrack. Mind you I never made much effort to introduce myself, but it seemed the right thing to do on here.

you will be warmly welcomed.......this was the very first place i came to for bike minded company and ive never felt the need to ever go anywhere else since......a more friendly bunch of chaps (and the odd chapesse too!) i doubt you will find anywhere!......ive had some great rides and made some brilliant friends courtesy of retrobike...... :D

Welcome aboard Mark, I'm betting you have a retro in your collection inside of a month ;)

Back