Another Kelly KAS Vitus Build - Carbone

Re: What the FCK9

Whoops I may have bought an FCK9 too.

$_57.JPG

Sans wheels. It's got Ultegra - TriColore - Which I'll keep cos that's what I had on my 979 - bought in 1990. I love the straight forks.

I'll put my Open Sup ceramics/DA as the wheels. Will get some 10 spd STIs to match. I know its not retro - but a classic.

Will look to strip and put yellow decals on - not TV sized just normal retail ones.

Yup, my Vitus is a lo-pro, it was a bit of an impulse purchase to be honest, picked it up from a guy who I'd bought a wheelset from. The good news is I managed to find a Vitus mech hanger and fitted it ok, but annoyingly on closer inspection I discovered a sheared off bolt in one of the bottle cage mounts. I'm also doubting my back can handle the riding position so will most likely sell it on, what do you guys think it's worth? Other than that bolt issue everything else is fine, and the original Vitus seat post and a nice Stronglight headset are included, thoughts?

Re:

Is it a Carbone or aluminium? Not much is my answer as low pros in either 26 or 24 inch wheels were race bikes and dont really convert to normal riding bikes and you can't race low pros now anyway, I'd sell the seatpost and headset, if it's a Carbone then the seatpost will sell as they were 23mm and are extremely rare as I can testify!

Re:

... if it's a carbon tube made FKC 9 or 6 it has been a 23.8mm seatpost, which is very rare. But the suitable frame set is rare too. If it is a nice looking a FKC 9 in mint quality and midsize you can get 250 GBP or more for such a frame set incl. VITUS origin seatpost

But it's too difficult to evaluate anything without having pics

Re:

... if it's a carbon tube made FKC 9 or 6 it has been a 23.8mm seatpost, which is very rare. But the suitable frame set is rare too. If it is a nice looking a FKC 9 in mint quality and midsize you can get 250 GBP or more for such a frame set incl. VITUS origin seatpost

But it's too difficult to evaluate anything without having pics

Yeah it's a carbon / aluminium frame and forks, I believe it's a Carbone 9, and size-wise the seat tube is 58cm c-c, so medium large, here's a pic that was taken before a I sourced the front mech hanger....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 706
Re:

nice Frame set - but I think it's Looks like from the geometry a TT-Version. For my opinion the steering tube is too short for a 58 cm, ahs it a 28" fork or is it a 26"

... see here a pic of my 54 cm Version of a KAS Vitus FKC9, it has a longer steering tube

Attachments

• KAS_Vitus FKC9_left.jpg
    KAS_Vitus FKC9_left.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 695
Yup, well it's a lo pro so is definitely for time trialling rather than regular road use, the front fork is the original Vitus one and is for a 650c front wheel. Love your frame by the way, and the matching jersey!

Back