Another Kelly KAS Vitus Build - Carbone

Re: Re:

There it is the sister bike :) did you get that Reydel saddle, certainly deserves it

gridno27":3vk7i841 said:
nice Frame set - but I think it's Looks like from the geometry a TT-Version. For my opinion the steering tube is too short for a 58 cm, ahs it a 28" fork or is it a 26"

... see here a pic of my 54 cm Version of a KAS Vitus FKC9, it has a longer steering tube

@Doubledee
Thank' s once more - yes I found a payable black GTi Reydel within this French shop - but I didn't found time to purchase it. On the other side I wait for a pair of 440 SSC brake Levers (Modolo made) to the existing 440 brake calipers. A set of authentic calipers and levers of Mavic 430 are difficult to find

In the meantime I am looking for a gold Vitus 979 Dural for a future KAS-projekt

Yes the 430's are very difficult to find, ask on the forum as that is how i got mine, you have to be prepared to buy parts and build a complete set, I bought an old pair of modolo calipers just for the bolts! Also I got some white stick on letters for the "Mavic" on the lever as it rubs off. good luck with the sourcing of parts I can't help right now but will pm you if i find anything on my travels, you could try string fellow on the forum he has lots of parts and might swap or sell
Darren

gridno27":310vy4js said:
@Doubledee
Thank' s once more - yes I found a payable black GTi Reydel within this French shop - but I didn't found time to purchase it. On the other side I wait for a pair of 440 SSC brake Levers (Modolo made) to the existing 440 brake calipers. A set of authentic calipers and levers of Mavic 430 are difficult to find

In the meantime I am looking for a gold Vitus 979 Dural for a future KAS-projekt

Re: What the FCK9

sadgit":1w6or8wb said:
Whoops I may have bought an FCK9 too.

$_57.JPG

Sans wheels. It's got Ultegra - TriColore - Which I'll keep cos that's what I had on my 979 - bought in 1990. I love the straight forks.

I'll put my Open Sup ceramics/DA as the wheels. Will get some 10 spd STIs to match. I know its not retro - but a classic.

Will look to strip and put yellow decals on - not TV sized just normal retail ones.

Man I love this bike - I ended up putting this year's 105 on it and have been riding it to work as well as out in the Herts lanes. With my Open SUP ceramics/DuraAce, Cinelli Stem and Bars and a Fizik Arione it's a fantastically responsive ride - way better than I remember the 979 to be. It still has the dodgy pink splatter.

Doubledee":2mktzu86 said:
Yes the 430's are very difficult to find, ask on the forum as that is how i got mine, you have to be prepared to buy parts and build a complete set, I bought an old pair of modolo calipers just for the bolts! Also I got some white stick on letters for the "Mavic" on the lever as it rubs off. good luck with the sourcing of parts I can't help right now but will pm you if i find anything on my travels, you could try string fellow on the forum he has lots of parts and might swap or sell
Darren

gridno27":2mktzu86 said:
@Doubledee

@Doubledee - found a set of Modolo Master Pro brake caliper for my KAS FKC9
But with the white Modolo & Master Pro lettering - someone have an idea to remove this lettering. I tried with 3M pad
but I want not scratch the calipers - and where I can get the white Mavic stickers

On the other side I found a set of origin MAVIC 430 brake Levers too ..

but for arrange brake cables areo - I have to drill the MAVIC 350 handle bar- so I decide to arrange brake cables classic.

Attachments

• IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 631
  • $_35.jpg
    $_35.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 631

Latest posts

Back