Anlen Sable

Yaldie

Specialized Fan
Hello, I acquired a part m560 groupset which had this frame attached. image.jpg

Never heard of this brand before or seen it. Judging by the groupset I am guessing it’s dated around 1993ish, google searches don’t throw up much but I see a couple of threads on here linking them to Gary fisher and a failed takeover by a Taiwan company.

The frame doesn’t feel overly heavy i don’t really want it, presume it’s not valuable because I would have hear of it otherwise. Anyone have anymore info on this one, guidance on value would be appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 11
@Double-E F has an anlen for sale I think.

Yours is in a bit worse condition and I think not as high a model. I would aim a few quid lower than this listing and even then wouldn’t expect it to sell quickly.

(Tbh I’m very tempted on this one, paint looks very nice😛)

Last edited:
thanks, I will karma it as only really wanted the groupset. Nice to learn a bit more about the brand

Nice to learn a bit more about the brand
Anlen was a big Taiwanese manufacturer.
They have produced many bikes and parts for other brands and tried for a few years to sell bikes under their own name.
(Pretty similar like Pacific cycle Inc.)

I've posted here recently an ad
If interesting I have a few more pics and details.

Anlen has bought Gary Fisher bikes in 1991, but Gary wasn't happy how everything went, before Trek took over in 1993.

A lot of Anlen bikes had Gary Fisher labeled parts like stems or tires. Yours too? That would date indeed your bike to 91-93.

I have a nice Redline bike
which is identical to the Anlen Sabel Elevated Chainstay model from 1991 and has Gary Fisher tires.
Same bike was at least sold also as Centurion and Genesis Stealth.

Last edited:
Anlen was a big Taiwanese manufacturer.
They have produced many bikes and parts for other brands and tried for a few years to sell bikes under their own name.
(Pretty similar like Pacific cycle Inc.)

I've posted here recently an ad
If interesting I have a few more pics and details.

Anlen has bought Gary Fisher bikes in 1991, but Gary wasn't happy how everything went, before Trek took over in 1993.

A lot of Anlen bikes had Gary Fisher labeled parts like stems or tires. Yours too? That would date indeed your bike to 91-93.

I have a nice Redline bike
which is identical to the Anlen Sabel Elevated Chainstay model from 1991 and has Gary Fisher tires.
Same bike was at least sold also as Centurion and Genesis Stealth.
Thanks that’s useful to know. Appreciate the response

Latest posts

Back