Andy Hampstens 1988 Huffy

well i do enjoy a bit of blatant nonsense..

tell you what, you stick to your modern, "exciting", wiggy style riders and i'll get the vhs tapes fired up again and watch the real races...

ps are you sure you're on the right forum?

:roll:

I think that the riders of the eighties and early nineties were the last clean riders until wiggo. All are tough riders. It's the druggies I can't stand.

rusty bodie":2x01kvsm said:
ps are you sure you're on the right forum?

My current build list: a 1920's bike from Liege; a 1940's bike from the Netherlands; a replica of Eric De Vlaeminck's Flandria cyclocross.

My main rides: an early 1970's Plum; a 1995 GT Zaskar; a 1990's U Scanini

Yeah - I'd say I'm on the right forum.

It's possible to like retro stuff without directing inexplicable bitterness at the current generation of pro cyclists, which besides the very boring Wiggins includes talents like - oh - Mark Cavendish.

Heard of him? Was this you in the car?

http://road.cc/content/news/71860-mark- ... n-him-road

TOUCHE!!

the old guy actually looks a lot like me after a nightshift but i would never intentionally run someone off the road in my car....unless he was wobbling all over the place on his wooden rimmed pre war bicycle, that is!

:twisted:

OK Retrobikers - if you ever end up in Ayrshire, keep an eye out for
a bloke who looks like Old Man Steptoe and drives like a tw@t - seems
he thinks it's ok to run people off the road if they disagree with him...

Let's keep it civil chaps, this thread has turned a touch Python-esque.

Nice article, some awesome images from Hampsten on the Gavia from that year.

rusty bodie":2j2lm45x said:
oh stop being such a big jessie and take this like the light hearted nonsense it is!!

:roll:

Nice attitude. Anyhow, whatever you say. No need to spam up threads with your hilarious images of Lance Armstrong in future. If I wanted to see such comedy masterpieces I can look at twitter.

Back