And today I did......

I don't even go to the shop without a multi tool. A hard lesson learnt on a cold sunday morning in the wilds of Northumberland when a chain snapped and i had a 2 mile walk home in driving sleet. :cry:

Booked my ferry for next years trip to Le Mans. that leaves me with 296 days to get the Alfa restored from scratch. I do like a challenge. :?

Also today had an early heads-up from FairfaxPat that he is handling the sale of a friends Series 1 Breezer. As far as I can tell its the first time one has come onto the open market. Offers are invited in the region of $35,000. :shock:
Anyone fancy it?

well i managed to get my first puncture at kirroughtree.....long over due but i did it in style, big hole right through my new maxis high roller....i know not retro but still a PITA :LOL:

..... what big eck failed to do and got my knee operated on.

In and out on the day and it feels pretty good too- been told I have to take at least a week off of work which was a blow :LOL: Should be back on the bike in about 2 weeks if all goes to plan so fingers crossed for me. The NHS is really a wonderful thing, yet another reason to love the UK.

knee.jpg

clockworkgazz":yiyapvfu said:

In and out on the day and it feels pretty good too- been told I have to take at least a week off of work which was a blow :LOL: Should be back on the bike in about 2 weeks if all goes to plan so fingers crossed for me. The NHS is really a wonderful thing, yet another reason to love the UK.

knee.jpg

your a brave man :cool: what was wrong wi your knee ?

i'll need mine done soon as it's really sore all the time now :(

clockworkgazz":1vho8nb1 said:

knee.jpg

Well, at least you seem to be resting it, unlike a guy I know.
Years ago our rugby team was playing in a tournament and one of our players turned up with his knee bandaged like your's. Asked him what was wrong, he told us he'd had key-hole surgery on his cartilage earlier on that week.
FFS there was still blood weeping from the wounds through the bandage. :shock:

Is the arrow on your leg to let them know whereabouts on your leg your knee is? ;)

torn cartlage in two places and a clean out of the fluid Eck, what do you need done?-get yourself in soon, it really is a breeze and the needle is not sore at all- much less pain than living with the sore knee day to day.

haha, they were fine with what a knee was (reasurringly), they just wanted to confirm what leg they would be operating on. :twisted:

clockworkgazz":hlzc4o2b said:
torn cartlage in two places and a clean out of the fluid Eck, what do you need done?-get yourself in soon, it really is a breeze and the needle is not sore at all- much less pain than living with the sore knee day to day.
Don't listen to him Alex, he's still high on the morphine! :D It's the drugs talking...

Back