And now for something completely different. Moulton Done!

Re: And now for something completely different. Moulton Don

Iwasgoodonce,

That looks brilliant - you've done a great job getting it into such good condition so quickly. Hope your Mum appreciates your efforts and enjoys the ride.

I'm interested to see the bike in better detail. It's definitely not just a 'normal' production Mk3. For starters the paint colour is decidedly odd - they were originally available in red, white or blue. The orange frame colour of yours is more reminiscent of the mini Moultons produced by Raleigh or at the Moulton factory in Bradford on Avon. The pump pegs under the main beam are not standard and are usually only seen on 'specials' produced in the Bradford on Avon workshop - Mk3 pump pegs were fitted to the carrier struts. Finally, the position of the boss for the prop-stand fitted to the rear triangle, rather than under the bottom bracket, is something I've never seen before.

All in all, these features make your bike something unusual and of interest to Moulton aficionados (geeks or nerds in common parlance). Thanks for posting it.

Re:

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone. I didn't think the old thing would be so popular.

My mum is thrilled with it. It has replaced her Specialized and her Giant Granite as Number 1 Bike! I think I will find a larger sprocket to give her three easier gears though.

Foaf, thanks for all your very welcome advice. The frame number, (if it can tell you anything) is 26969.

Nob, I have been telling the wife she needs to be trimming the front hedge for ages!

We need to sort out mrs HM's bush as it's obscuring her clematis.

The History Man":3hw0cg0c said:
We need to sort out mrs HM's bush as it's obscuring her clematis.

That sounds like a privet matter between Mrs THM and you!

I like to pay attention to her clematis and lobelia.

Back