Amp research disc mount

novocaine

Old School Grand Master
Who made forks with amp disc mounts? Was it just amp or did any of the other players at the time get in on it?
I have a set of forks with this mount that v in trying to ID.

Hi, just show a picture of this fork, I think the crowd here is happy to identify.

As the AMP D1 was also sold in 1998/9 as RockShox Disc Brake, there had been at least some RS forks with proper adapters.

Here in the forum is also a picture

I would assume its a yellow Judy.
At least a i've seen a few Judys with AMP or RS disc brake.
(Not my pictures)
f21d3bf97317a2ae9d4ccc2b67e8233a.jpg
DiXNrgQUYAEs6wJ.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
I did, in the mystery parts thread. No joy.

Arnt those both iso mounts with an adapter?
Hi, just show a picture of this fork, I think the crowd here is happy to identify.

As the AMP D1 was also sold in 1999 as RockShox Disc Brake, there had been at least some RS forks with proper adapters.

Here in the forum is also a picture

I would assume its a yellow Judy.
At least a i've seen a few Judys with AMP or RS disc brake.
(Not my pictures)
View attachment 731054
View attachment 731057

This one? Does it have just a mount for just the AMP disc, with 25.4mm hole spacing?

Yes, the RS brake came by default with an adapter to ISO with 51mm hole spacing.
Yer thats the one. It has just the brake mount at 25.4mm centres on the right leg. It's a weird one, they are nice forks but no idea what they are.

Yer thats the one. It has just the brake mount at 25.4mm centres on the right leg. It's a weird one, they are nice forks but no idea what they are.
Interesting
I was also not aware of any other non-AMP fork with this specific mount only.

I've comented the Mystery thread meanwhile, to me, this is a Ballistic XL fork from 1997.

Still no hint wrt. the disc mount.

Ah yes, 1050, and yes the pic from 97 brochure has shown crowns with screws.

This one seem to be better.
Maybe the red lowers and decals have been done with a negative print and once the foil was removed only the yellow underground color remains?

This pic also shows a disc mount at the rear fork. Does this fit to yours and AMP?

20230416_120806.jpg

Ah yes, 1050, and yes the pic from 97 brochure has shown crowns with screws.

This one seem to be better.
Maybe the red lowers and decals have been done with a negative print and once the foil was removed only the yellow underground color remains?

This pic also shows a disc mount at the rear fork. Does this fit to yours and AMP?

View attachment 731156
Yes, that looks right and is the picture I'd ided the from. Those above are the fork and are that the red may have been a foil over yellow.
If you look at the front set you can just about see the cast mounting, the rear fork looks to have a iso mount adapter which if I use them I'll be making a copy off.

I intended to heavily modify them, now I'm not sure. Guess the question is are they rare because there crap or are the genuinely rare. A question I shall seek to answer once I'm at a computer for some real digging. I think they are possibly rare because they aren't great.

Back