AMP Research B4

Thanks for the comments :cool:

Bike is really starting to come together. Probably will stick with the Avids for the moment.

Need to sort the cabling out over next couple of days also on look out for a different saddle

Bit of an update for you. It's only when you start looking for certain items (with a limited budget !! :( ) that you realise how bloody hard they are to find.

Bars are snow sorted with much appreciated thanks to Chris. I've gone for X-Lite XLR Pro Carbon Risers. I've also ditched the Avids and gone for XTR M950's front and rear. There is the possibility that I am getting an IS rear disc mount for this frame. If so things may be tweaked a tad ;) Finally I put a set of M952 STI's on. Just finished the cabling and only the chain and some tweaks with the shifting and voilà, a bloody damn nice bike.

Now I know a few AMP purists will say to ditch the PACE forks but hey it's my bike so they're staying and I love them.

Here's a few pics

Bars and STI's
DSCF0968.jpg

DSCF0967.jpg

I'll post a few pics of the finished bike in an hour or so

This is looking very nice indeed

it should be very light when your done, they are so good for getting over stiles, as you can just hold them in the air

A picture of your B4 out with it's brother my B4 on the Ribble Way.
DSC00462.jpg

Love the photo, gives the bike some history. I didn't set out to go down the weight weenies route but this bike is stupidly light. Going to have to dig some scales out to weigh it

Here you go, all but the chain. Due to the fact that the frame has routing ONLY for the rear disc I had to be a bit creative with a cable guide on the seat tube. Will do for now :(

I've also waiting on a slimmer Selle Italia saddle, although the BelAir is comfy it looks just a tad bulky sat on the frame.

Here's the spec at present

Frame: AMP Research B4
Forks: PACE Evo Pro Class Limited
Rear Suspension: Risse Racing Genesis Damper
Chainset: Raceface Forged Turbine with Middleburn Chainrings
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN54 68mm 110mm
Front Mech: Shimano XTR M960 34.9 Bottom Pull
Rear Mech: Shimano XTR M952 9 Speed
Shifters / Levers: Shimano XTR M952 9 Speed
Brakes: Shimano XTR M950 V Brakes Front and Rear
Cassette: Shimano XT M770 9 Speed
Cabling: XTR Brake and Gear
Headset: Raceface Deus
Headset Spacer: Carbon Fibre 20mm
Stem: Syncros Ahead
Bar: X-Lite XLR Carbon Pro 25.4 Riser
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Saddle: SDG BelAir RT
Pedals: Tioga Surefoot 31
Grips: ODI X-Treme Lock-On Black / Silver
Chainstay Protector: XT Sharkfin
Wheelset: Mavic CrossMax SUP on Mavic Hubs
Wheel Skewers: Shimano XT
Tyres: White / Amber Wall 2.1 NOS beauty's

Of this spec there are a couple of things I will probably end up changing. Other than the saddle I might end up going all out and get a Chris King headset. I'm already on the look out for a XTR cassette hopefully M950 series. Will also probably change the front mech so I can have all M950 gearing on it Anybody got any Mavic Skewers?

DSCF0979.jpg

DSCF0978.jpg

DSCF0977.jpg

DSCF0976.jpg

DSCF0975.jpg

DSCF0973.jpg

DSCF0972.jpg

DSCF0971.jpg

DSCF0970.jpg

But I only posted those bars yesterday :shock:

Looking good but not a huge fan of the tyres :roll:

I reckon some tioga factory xc's with white writing.

Chris.

Chris I know WOW how did you do that !!!! (feedback left :cool:)

Yep I know what you mean about the tyres may be going for something a little bit more subdued. Got caught up in the white fixation movement :oops:

Amp

I never understood why Amp dropped out of production every time I see one, they would just sell so well today. I'm not a fan of the Whire tyres either, nor the Gold bits, Think black and silver would look much, much cleaner, always best to stick with two colours only.
I know 46/36 etc gearing was period, but 42/32 would be more practical, lighter and more compact.
Looks well cool all the same! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back