AMP B4 with D1 Discs

bpikeuk

Old School Hero
Hi guys,

Not been on for ages due to not having the time to ride very often. So, with heavy heart I have decided to sell my AMP. I bought the rolling chassis from a Omar something or another on here a year or two ago after wanting one since they were new.

IMAGE_009-1.jpg

Having got it delivered I treated myself to a brand new XT hollowtech
chainset, sized at 165mm for my 31" inside leg (as per both Highpath Engineering and Sheldon Brown), a new XT rear mech and Deore front. I also used some existing stock LX servowave levers and XT 8 speed shifters.

IMAGE_011.jpg

IMAGE_017.jpg

IMAGE_012.jpg

As you will see the rims are Campag Atek and were brand new on AMP hubs when the bike arrived with me.

IMAGE_013.jpg

The seat post is Syncros and the bars are Titec Hellbent. The stem is a Halfords special as I was looking out for Syncros but didn't find one at the time. Seat is currently a WTB Speed V but I'd quite like to keep this so could replace with a Flyte titanium or a lovely red snakeskin effect Vuelta which would look super with the red Race Face headset :LOL: Can't remember what the BB is but would think mid range Shimano.

IMAGE_014.jpg

IMAGE_015.jpg

IMAGE_016.jpg

IMAGE_018.jpg

IMAGE_010.jpg

The tyres fitted at the moment are steel bead IRC Mythos XC.

The rear shock has been rebuilt and I have the rebuild jig supplied to me last year by AMP.

I am based in Sittingbourne in Kent and would really like to see £550, which is a fair bit less than it owes me :roll:

Would happily talk about a modern hardtail in PX as my middle aged middle weight body seems not to to appreciate old school XC racers like it used to :cry:

You can PM me or ring me on 07976 926905

Cheers

Barry

That's gorgeous :D

Just a shame i haven't a spare £550 on me.

Had one Bitd & was the best bike i ever had.....Why did i ever sell it :roll:

What are the brakes like :?: i Had XT V's on mine.

Gruff":2j4sd2ux said:
That's gorgeous :D

Just a shame i haven't a spare £550 on me.

Had one Bitd & was the best bike i ever had.....Why did i ever sell it :roll:

I think you should try very hard to 'find' the money ;) :LOL: get your unicorn back...... ;) ;)

Got a feeling that if i "found" the money & came home with this the Mrs might tell me to sleep with it :LOL:

Gruff":3twp1gye said:

They are OK, not sure what they should be like but I'd say that they are not quite as good as the Hope C3 on my other bike.

Maybe you don't need a full £550 if you had something less full on to trade :LOL:

Barry

I could be interested in a trade. I have an 18 inch Giant XTC 2.5 (200:cool: with XT/XTR running gear, DT swiss hubs and fox forks and Hayes Stroker discs.

What size is the AMP frame?

Would you consider selling frame / forks / wheels / brakes as a package?

Interested, but would not want any of the other parts...

BB

bpikeuk":2k3cgwkv said:
Gruff":2k3cgwkv said:

They are OK, not sure what they should be like but I'd say that they are not quite as good as the Hope C3 on my other bike.

Maybe you don't need a full £550 if you had something less full on to trade :LOL:

Barry

:LOL: Don't think my old Hahanna hack would cut the mustard if your'e used to an Amp :LOL:

ishaw":1lu64c33 said:
I could be interested in a trade. I have an 18 inch Giant XTC 2.5 (200:cool: with XT/XTR running gear, DT swiss hubs and fox forks and Hayes Stroker discs.

What size is the AMP frame?

Hi,

I think that the frame is about 17.5 or 18 inch. The previous owner sent me a picture with all of the measurements on it, I'll see if I can find it.

Sorry but I'm looking for more of an all day bike to replace the AMP not another XC racer.

Cheers

Barry

BoyBurning":2u9y4mqm said:
Would you consider selling frame / forks / wheels / brakes as a package?

Interested, but would not want any of the other parts...

BB

Hi,

I would certainly think about it, I'd want £375 ish for these.

Cheers

Barry

Back