Amberwall audit

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After receiving a few more skin/amberwall this morning, I thought I ought to check on just what I actually have tucked away in the workshop.
I also needed to have a tidy up in the storeroom so it was a good opportunity to give them an airing. I genuinely forgot that I had some of these tyres. None are NOS but most are in very good condition and will be destined for some future builds.
Before anyone asks... I'm not selling.

tyres-feb21_01.jpg

26 inch hoard
---

tyres-feb21_02.jpg

Tioga Farmer Johns Nephew, Panaracer Smoke and Dart, Alpinestars TKO (there is a pair of these)
---

tyres-feb21_03.jpg

OnZa Rip and Rail, Tioga Psycho with mould release powder on one of them (forgot I had these)
---

tyres-feb21_04.jpg

Two pairs of Tioga City Slickers, a pair of Schwalbe City Jets and a pair cheap heavy Velo copies
---

tyres-feb21_05.jpg

Mostly blackwalls here apart from a pair of Ritchey Z Max with ropey sidewalls. Smokes a plenty, some Panaracer Dusters and Bontrager semi slicks. Tioga Hound Dawg and Wonder Dawg at the front
---

tyres-feb21_06.jpg

Hard and Soft condition Panaracer Darts. Still terrible in all conditions
---

tyres-feb21_07.jpg

'Modern' Charge Splashbacks and Panaracer Trailrakers
---

tyres-feb21_08.jpg

New arrivals; a used Wolber amberwall, and some classic Cheng Shin Duro center ridge tyres for those blue collar builds
---

tyres-feb21_09.jpg

The genuinely new Terra One Rider T1 tyres which I'm looking forward to trying out once the trails have dried out a bit. And a pair of Panaracer Smoke Classic Re-issues
---

I also have several pairs of post year 2000 tyres accumulated over time.
The rest of my skin and amber wall tyres are fitted to bikes as they should be which constitutes another 15 pairs of mostly original spec tyres.
If it's not already obvoius; I've always had a thing for tyres.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":3mylewn2 said:
Terra One looks heavy, massive blocks on them.

720g each on my scales.
I'm looking forward to seeing the narrower T2 when it arrives.

I used to have an OnZa Rip on the front of my XC race bike in the latter part of the nineties.
I just wish their was a skinwall Ritchey Z-Max reissue.

I have a similar situation in my garage. Never can have enough amberwalls.

I do find i keep swapping mine around though and try them on different builds. Always think I have found the perfect tyre for a build then a few weeks later decide to rearrange.

Back