Amazon prime and fire stick. What to watch?

The History Man":27wxbmue said:
Define old.

Tendency to fall ill, have heart attacks and an odd tendency to buy and collect things that have fallen out of favour in the shops that's if they have remembered what they wanted to buy by the time the walk into the room.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":dms68edl said:
I don't see the benefit of Kodi for someone looking to find something on Amazon Prime Video.

And mentioning a Fire Stick.

Thinking its about time I replaced my HTPC with a Kodi stick, watching local NAS served media and NetFlix, with the odd unofficial source.

Seems these sticks are getting good reviews. And some mugs are charging 20quid to stick Kodi on them!

As for what to watch, depends on taste, anything but Friends is a start. Is Archer on there?.

Sky gave us 60% off EVERYTHING for a year so I will be looking at these sticks or at least something along the lines of a mini PC in time for next christmas

I'm still a bit old fashioned in thinking that the sticks dont have quite the computing power required just yet and that a mini PC with a fooking great HDD or SSD would be better

Re: Re:

stewlewis":2qinpnqe said:
FluffyChicken":2qinpnqe said:
I don't see the benefit of Kodi for someone looking to find something on Amazon Prime Video.

And mentioning a Fire Stick.

Thinking its about time I replaced my HTPC with a Kodi stick, watching local NAS served media and NetFlix, with the odd unofficial source.

Seems these sticks are getting good reviews. And some mugs are charging 20quid to stick Kodi on them!

As for what to watch, depends on taste, anything but Friends is a start. Is Archer on there?.

But the question was what to watch?

I'm assuming there is no NAS or technical wizardry from THM ;-)
Netflix doesn't need Kodi.

I have a stick (first version) works fine and does it's job, just like the TV/BluRay/WiiU all can. Like many I just watch what is in front of me ever now and again, which is why every movie/series watcher that mentioning Kodi bugs me. They seem to think anyone who buys one is the same and just says you can install Kodi like every has a need or even knows what it is. <rant ;-)>

LGF, stick (1080)/box (UltraHD) you do of course need a good Wi-Fi and TV setup that can also handle it. The remotes themselves are Bluetooth devices and can/should be able to be used by other things should you wish. The box gives you a better flexibility, Ethernet, and faser Wi-Fi (ac) if your router can handle it. plus expansion etc but doesn't just dangle from your TV.

The firestick works really well. I don't see the point of another platform as it was the content i was interested in.

Thanks all the same.

Started watching The Man in the High Castle. An interesting premise.

Back