Am I right to think this is a 95 Rocky Mountain Vertex?

NigelFinnighan

Rocky Mountain Fan
I picked this up off market place with a few other parts the other day. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to" Can only really be a Vertex" unless there's something not catalogued. The obvious problem I'm having here is- it isn't Green- It's in what I would call Laser Black. (it looks the exact same colour as my 92 hammer in laser black) I'm not complaining, I really like odd ducks , so it's right up my alley. I just want to order some model decals for it, and want to make sure I get the correct model. IMG_5570.JPG 71211602327__6A299AF4-EB21-49FB-8646-CE5D57470A7D.jpeg IMG_5602.jpeg It's aluminum, 18'5 does have the slanted seattube, and canti stops. S/N VE5000 which seems to fit other 95 SN's (Doesn't fit the 96 Vertex).

Maybe they painted the 5000th frame laser black and slapped grey on grey decals on?

Reactions: CTK
Nothing on specifically for known 1995 Vertex
For a 95, but VX and VE are Vertex it seems.
5 being 1995 as you say.
000 can obky be an early serial number ;-)

This was on FB a week or so back iirc.

Nothing on specifically for known 1995 Vertex
For a 95, but VX and VE are Vertex it seems.
5 being 1995 as you say.
000 can obky be an early serial number ;-)

This was on FB a week or so back iirc.
Lol I didn't realize the 5 would indicate 95, but that makes so much more sense. as there would have been 100's not 1000's produced. thank you for helping me clear that aspect up Fluffy- Also looking back my 96 Vertex is VX 6xxx and 95 Thin air is TA 5xxx. That clears that up then.

So this is the 000 Frame number for 95 Vertex's. Why wouldn't they just start with 1?

And yes, this was the one on FB marketplace a week or so ago out of Vancouver- it actually cleaned up really nice. I'm looking froward to riding it. I'll post it again in the Canadian and Rocky threads again once finished.

Back