Aluminium O Middle Age Spread?

Aluminium Ohhh":npaomx4g said:
Fluffy Chicken

Yes my top tube cable mounts are in line and neatly welded
Do you know the reason behind ano purple and then painting?
No
Maybe someone didn't like it, looks the same as their later purple colour.

FluffyChicken":38nce6kz said:
This is the well used advert from the end of 1992 giving the new '1993' models.
Quite easy that they might have used up the last of the frames as given all the steel bike where lighter I would have though most, I know I did, plumped for the prestige for quite a bit less.

orangestif.jpg

I remember this Ad from 20 years ago.

I bought the Aluminium O in black with xc comp. Nearly bought the Prestige but I was told thick tubes were the future!

FC I was thinking did Orange make anodised purple then have a change of mind in the factory and painted all these. I bought mine at one year old and was told this was factory finish, it was only as paint chipped off over time I realised it was anodised

Aluminium Ohhh":2y3vcs7k said:
FC I was thinking did Orange make anodised purple then have a change of mind in the factory and painted all these. I bought mine at one year old and was told this was factory finish, it was only as paint chipped off over time I realised it was anodised

I don't know, may well have been as I think they where still sprayed over here at he time (made at A-Pro over the far side though)
There are many better in the history of these and have had/know people who worked at Orange at the time.
the above is what I have picked up over the years on here, of course rapid expansion of my knowledge happened when I got my hand on mine a years or so ago.

Have a nosy in the later catalogues, I thinking the colour of the F7 forks ?

Back