Alternatives to Campag Chorus Aero 88 seatpost

Kalloy post a good. I have put one on my Pinerello. I have gone of shimano posts they always put the seat pointing down a bit. I want them level. Miche make a nice aero post as well.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Midlife":3pd0ccmb said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-NEW-SHIMANO-600-ULTEGRA-272-MM-SEATPOST-RARE-VINTAGE-Aero-/301096509207

Just ignore the insertion line, as long as there is enough in the frame for the seat bolt to get a hold of, job done :)

Shaun

If I did the above I would have about 3cm in the frame and it would just be inline with the top tube with nothing under, if that makes sense.
Isnt that likely to damage the frame?

I found an old post and put that fits it and while it looks rubbish is OK for now. I guess with the saddle bag you cant see a lot.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have this problem too because of long legs exacerbated by my personal dislike for the 1970/80s preference for having the saddle level with the bars or only slightly higher. None of the contemporary Campagnolo ally posts is long enough. And I take the view that the insertion line is there for a reason and the Coke can thickness of the steel tubes on my frames needs care.

Two solutions: Selcof made an ally aero post that resembles contemporary Campagnolo but is around 3cm longer and I have this on The Real Steel Special. For the Raleigh Team Pro I have a Campagnolo Centaur which was probably intended as MTB - it is quite light despite being thin wall steel - see Velobase.

I have a DA AX post 180mm long I need to sell. 3cm into the frame is probably enough depending on the weight of the rider.

Back