Alpinestars Al-mega E 735 project (finished p.3)

Re: cooooool

hydorah":3izldok4 said:
Hey Alberto

Welcome

Great way to make an entrance!

That frame is a thing of beauty and you have a good flair for photography

Check out my Manitou Three forks over here

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129920&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Your bike is going to look AMAZING

But yeah, what's the situation with the painted rims and your brakes?

Thank you very much! The rims have been protected with some scotch even in the borders!! :D
Beautiful forks yours! I love them! :oops:
But, just a question, your forks seems to have more travel than mine, did you modify something?

"do you have brake mount studs and rear mech hanger sorted out"

....He means that the parts of the frame that the brakes join to are missing in the photos
...also the part that the derailleur joins to is missing.

My guess is you have just removed these parts while you are doing work on the frame.

raymondluxuryyacht":1uo8b8od said:
"do you have brake mount studs and rear mech hanger sorted out"

....He means that the parts of the frame that the brakes join to are missing in the photos
...also the part that the derailleur joins to is missing.

My guess is you have just removed these parts while you are doing work on the frame.
Oh yes!!! Obviously!! In these pictures the frame was just polished! The parts had been removed previously!

Alberto, wow what a great frame and project you have. I've never really paid that much attention to the '93 bikes but I will be doing to this build thread.

It's named E-735 because of the Elevated frame and the M735 XT groupset, the same frame was used on the E-900 that the team riders used during 1993.

Here is a shot from the '93 brochure for you:

Attachments

• 2011_0116die0034.JPG
    2011_0116die0034.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 3,966
  • 2011_0116die0036.JPG
    2011_0116die0036.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 3,966
Thank you very much for the infos Sinnett!!
When my father bought this bike directly from the Alpinestars' factory, it was just come back from a test published in a (1993-4?) mtb magazine. The groupset when bought was XTR and the forks were a strage unidentified american (as they said) model.
Unfortunately my father sold the forks in 1994 for a brand new Rock Shox Judy, but the XTR groupset is safe!

Re: cooooool

Alpinestars":2y0ztlfu said:
hydorah":2y0ztlfu said:
Hey Alberto

Welcome

Great way to make an entrance!

That frame is a thing of beauty and you have a good flair for photography

Check out my Manitou Three forks over here

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129920&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Your bike is going to look AMAZING

But yeah, what's the situation with the painted rims and your brakes?

Thank you very much! The rims have been protected with some scotch even in the borders!! :D
Beautiful forks yours! I love them! :oops:
But, just a question, your forks seems to have more travel than mine, did you modify something?

Yeah you're right mine ride about an inch higher...

What happens if grab the legs of your forks and fully extend them?

And slacken off the black adjusters (they can be used to preload the forks) Sometimes is they are left screwed down the elastomers become permanently squished

BTW if you undo the blue outer ring (under the black adjusters) you can take out your whole elastomer stack with dismantling the rest of the forks...

alpinstar

Hi Alberto

Nice frame i hope mine turns out half as good as the one you have i have the 1992 XTR model and i have a set of Manitou 3's on dibs dependant on pics will be watching your thread for inspiration

was the frame already that shiny if not what did you use?

Re: alpinstar

johnnypie13":1xikvrn9 said:
Hi Alberto

Nice frame i hope mine turns out half as good as the one you have i have the 1992 XTR model and i have a set of Manitou 3's on dibs dependant on pics will be watching your thread for inspiration

was the frame already that shiny if not what did you use?
Hi Johnny! Thanks! Beautiful frame yours! Always nice to see Alpinestars! :oops:
Now, I don't know precisely what kind of treatment they did on my frame, because I didn't do that on my own!
I just said them to polish it, and that's the result!
The frame in 1993 was that shiny, but after years it became opaque and blemished. So I decided to highly polish it and after the stickers to give a coat of transparent paint, so it will maintain the shine over time. :D
The same is for the rims!

Hope to be usefull!

Alberto

Hi guys!! Ok, the bike is ready! I couldn't believe that was my bike..!! God, it's a beauty! I'll post some pictures tomorrow!
Good night mates!

Back