All hail the Doblo...

Re:

I spend a bit of time behind the wheel of a Still Oh. You might have a larf, but it is an Abarf! Quick and roomy. Flappy paddles too, ooh err missus! Loverly thick leather an all.

Yes, yeas they are, and the roof is about the last place on a car that one would expect structural corrosion, especially one not even a decade old.

Lucky it is covered in the warranty, strange you ended up welding it. Perhaps it was damaged by the owner? The one I drive now and then has uprated suspension, engine work, etc. and is a bit of a flying machine. Sounds incredible too. Can't fault it, and I have driven a fair few nice hot hatches.

Picked the Stilo aka Fat Tony up this morning - not bad, a few rattles to chase up but at least its quiet.

The Old Doblo being a tupperware box on wheels amplified every sound.

highlandsflyer":z8h0jsti said:
Lucky it is covered in the warranty, strange you ended up welding it. Perhaps it was damaged by the owner? The one I drive now and then has uprated suspension, engine work, etc. and is a bit of a flying machine. Sounds incredible too. Can't fault it, and I have driven a fair few nice hot hatches.
It's only covered by the anti perforation warranty if the owner pays for the annual body work inspection, and I don't think anyone anywhere in the history of car buying has ever paid a dealer of any brand an extra hours Labour each year to do this. This is why Mercedes can offer a 30 year corrosion warranty, safe in the knowledge that there is little to no likelihood of a claim.

Not sure the owner damaged the paint, as it rotted from inside out. My guess is water was getting in the base of the antenna, running to one side and pooling. Nice hole close to the top of a pillar, so deemed structural.

I seem to recall it drove well enough, though I never went far in it.

Rear shock absorbers and springs went every 6-12 months in my step dads Stilo estate. So I'd keep am eye on the or get a euro car parts account.

Why the Stilo?

Well, the Doblo decided a bit too soon for our finances to drop the back box.

The back box is huge and as it dropped it caught in the tarmac and bounced the rear of the car up in the air, removing the exhaust mounts and the rear bumper in the process.

Lovely.

Back