All hail the Doblo

I've got a Doblo Cargo (so the van, then) and it's red. I've had all the "Postman Pat" stuff and the "fix it again tomorrow" stuff too but it's like water of a duck's back to me
I rate it as one of the most useful vehicles I've ever owned - I've had other vans but they've not been as economical and in this day and age that's more important than it ever was.
Mine's the 1.3 Multijet, which is the same engine as in the diesel Panda, the diesel Fiat 500 and the Ford Ka (among others). It responds well to a bit of re-mapping too. Fiat always did make excellent small engines.
An excellent bike carrying van - I fastened a couple of those cheap bike stands to the bulkhead so that all I have to do is load them rear wheel first, wedge them into the stands and then turn the front wheels through 90 degrees - it takes all off about 30 seconds.
I've got a full roof rack on mine which will take full 8x4 sheets so that's an added bit of usefullness.

If you're that worried about looks (although I don't mind a little quirkiness) then get a post "face lift" version (2007 on), preferably with alloys.

Good vans, and around here, as common as Transits which means good parts availability.

F (ix) I (t) A (gain) T (ony)

no cant blaim the DOBLO, ugly as hell, but very practical cars.

Had one for a while, one of our former company cars, which was quite used and abused by various drivers, but serves me fine while I was contructing the house. The entire moval was done by that car and afterwards I carry our bikes and stuff to a lot of trips throughout the country and it never failed.
Sold it with pride. Would be again the choice of car if I had to carry dirty, stinking stuff and dont bother what the neighbours saying :LOL:
With the 90PS diesel lump it makes the car also a fast and economic drive

Back