Wanted Alfine 8 26er

Ok, I've dug it out. It's in loads better condition than I remember.

Link to gallery.

It's a centre lock with a 6 bolt adapter (with avid 8" rotor on). Rim is a i25KOM, equivalent to the Kom light (is my understanding). Internal width is 25mm, good for 42-62mm tyres according to the rim. I used to run 2.3 fat Albert & Nobby NICs. Needed the green and blue washers (originals from the sg-500, think I have the fitting kit around too). Also fitted with a nexus sprocket, they are offset and I found it gave a better chainline (20T).

Now, the fly in the ointment. I can't find reasonable shipping from Ireland to you. I'm going to ask about our work account (doubtful I'll be allowed) with DHL. Most quotes were about the price of the wheel tbh. Do you want a look too?

Ok, I've dug it out. It's in loads better condition than I remember.

Link to gallery.

It's a centre lock with a 6 bolt adapter (with avid 8" rotor on). Rim is a i25KOM, equivalent to the Kom light (is my understanding). Internal width is 25mm, good for 42-62mm tyres according to the rim. I used to run 2.3 fat Albert & Nobby NICs. Needed the green and blue washers (originals from the sg-500, think I have the fitting kit around too). Also fitted with a nexus sprocket, they are offset and I found it gave a better chainline (20T).

Now, the fly in the ointment. I can't find reasonable shipping from Ireland to you. I'm going to ask about our work account (doubtful I'll be allowed) with DHL. Most quotes were about the price of the wheel tbh. Do you want a look too?
How much are the shipping quotes you've been getting?

From looking on eBay I'm happy to sell at €150 (will add my shifter and fitting kit in too).

Postage is silly at over 200 in the quotes I looked at last night, but eBay fees appear to be about 35 for postage.

From looking on eBay I'm happy to sell at €150 (will add my shifter and fitting kit in too).

Postage is silly at over 200 in the quotes I looked at last night, but eBay fees appear to be about 35 for postage.
30 to 40 euro seems a bit more sensible, usually costs about 16 to 25 euro on the mainland for a wheel so doesn't surprise me it'd be more from Ireland.

Your price is great but I am wondering about the rim, as the one I've ordered new uses a fairly burly rim and I'm a heavy rider. I'm always a bit cautious around more lightweight rims.

Fair comment about the rim. I'm 105kg but don't like jumping. I have no idea how "burly" it is, I did have the ST (lower in range), on it before and they were fine for the 7 years on the 456.

The front wheel is also a KOM and it's still going strong.

Fair comment about the rim. I'm 105kg but don't like jumping. I have no idea how "burly" it is, I did have the ST (lower in range), on it before and they were fine for the 7 years on the 456.

The front wheel is also a KOM and it's still going strong.
No jumping here either, but I'm 130kg so I do have a knack for making mince of rims despite riding mostly gravel, fire roads and a wee bit of light singletrack. Thing is I paid around 270 euro for the wheel I've got coming and I know that rim is fairly burly and it is new, so I guess I have to consider if what it'd be saving is worth it for my application. I may have to stick to the one I've got ordered and kindly decline your offer, which I feel bad about now that I've had you dig it out of the shed, take pictures and also look for shipping quotes.

No worries, probably 20 mins of pottering all in, I wasn't doing much else.

I do think it's well able for the stuff you describe mind.

Back