Alejandro's (Klein) Adroit 1992 Green Gator Target sub < 7Kg

Im not sure, Im not wheel builder, but i guess its not difficult to get the axle free again, just like glued headset and so on! I can ask my wheel builder!

Very interesting build, congrats. The chain is massively too short as mentioned earlier by another observer. With correct chain length you will add some weight and will go above 6.7 but you will then be able to shift all gears, which I doubt you can do at the moment without damaging the entire drive train.

Today I made about 25km, climbing to mountain of Montjuich in Barcelona, say 5 km, then some rounds, I rememebr on a downhill I loose the rear brakes, the cable wnt out, I stop in mid of downhill to refill the cable, then later the pad go out , the Steinbach carbon pad from the pad housing.. I think I will use the kooka koolstop pads that were by default on Paul brakes.. Brakes very noisy

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_135007_1_b.jpg
    IMG_20201212_135007_1_b.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 383
  • IMG_20201212_134845_1b.jpg
    IMG_20201212_134845_1b.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 387
  • IMG_20201212_133349_b.jpg
    IMG_20201212_133349_b.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 382
  • IMG_20201212_134159_1b.jpg
    IMG_20201212_134159_1b.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 380
So the next steps to save even more weight are...

Aluminium or titanium cogs to make super lightweight cassette

Lighter front and rear mechs

Go to spanish company Darimo and get them to make a carbon copy of the bar-stem combo. Also get one of their seatposts as I think they could do a lighter one than you have.

Do away with the rim tape and just put a bit of duck tape over each hole in the rim.

Noisy brakes is a pretty sure sign of incorrectly installed pads. It isn‘t all that difficult but some basic bicycle (mechanical) knowledge certainly is helpful. As a starting point, I can recommend ParkTool‘s Blue Book. Understood, it is your bike and you can do with it whatever you want. It would still be a shame if it got damaged or you hurt just because of incorrect assembly and/or adjustment.

KLEINselig":20rafujk said:
Noisy brakes is a pretty sure sign of incorrectly installed pads. It isn‘t all that difficult but some basic bicycle (mechanical) knowledge certainly is helpful. As a starting point, I can recommend ParkTool‘s Blue Book. Understood, it is your bike and you can do with it whatever you want. It would still be a shame if it got damaged or you hurt just because of incorrect assembly and/or adjustment.

Yes, next week I will install more slabons on chain, and I will install kooka default Paul pads, as Im using a pads from V Brakes from Steinbach in fiber carbon

it’s not about the type or brand of pads but much more about at what angle relative to the rim wall they are installed.

Back