Alejandro's (Klein) Adroit 1992 Green Gator Target sub < 7Kg

Re:

OK. they measure the 1.266kgs +/- 0.001kgs of each other BUT what is the measured weight if you first put the jug on the scale, then zero the scale, and then put a known weight on the scale.

Water only weighs 1gr per 1ml at 4 degrees centigrade. That is a common fridge temperature. Best to weigh a driy item or an actual weight really.

goodyes":yywrp78p said:
Currently estimation, a bit more than 6.8 KG

Any one know about fiber carbon cassettes ? better in 7 or 8 speed
Any other component may I get a noticeable weight reduction (except bottom bracked and steering) ?
Have you bought a hollow pinned/milled plated Ti chain yet?
Aluminium bolts are lighter than Ti so use them where you can.
Real made an aluminium cassette, pretty rare though.

Hotwheels.":nngecd84 said:
Have you bought a hollow pinned/milled plated Ti chain yet?
Aluminium bolts are lighter than Ti so use them where you can.
Real made an aluminium cassette, pretty rare though.

I think Alejandro wants to ride this bike eventually. I cannot talk about endurance of a Ti chain but I definitely know that an Aluminum cassette is only window dressing. They don‘t last more than a couple of hundred klicks. Perhaps the largest cogs coudl be alu but only if they have at least 34 teeth.

Some kilometres until rear wheel said stop. It is a little bent. I didn't want to ride more than about 20-25km, from Sagrada Familia to Barcelona Airport to see my taxi friends. I went back in a taxi.

I fell to the ground 1 time, , my balance lost to the right, I did not have time to take my foot off the pedal and I fell, haha, a small scratch on my hand and a few laughs with my colleagues.

During the ride, most of the time by road (to know how the bike goes) feedback was so happy, so rememebering whil, still enjoynig the time, today, with a beatufil morning, many people of course loioking at the bike, but riding was.. no words.. so beauty, so special

Now its time to wait for new wheels, and to see if real wheel can be rapired or not, for that I will need a very specialized mechanic and here almost no hone wants to do the jod. I will post a video later shoing how the wheel goes from one side to the other side while spining.

Attachments

• 9d5347a3-a245-4aa4-9122-b03497ba6051.jpg
    9d5347a3-a245-4aa4-9122-b03497ba6051.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 296
  • b1f689b6-adc9-4624-9c0d-8a7401c8ffab.jpg
    b1f689b6-adc9-4624-9c0d-8a7401c8ffab.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 295
  • c244c42f-5507-4323-ab1c-c427fda5493e.jpg
    c244c42f-5507-4323-ab1c-c427fda5493e.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 295
Where is the front wheel brake? In off-road terrain braking is done with about 80% front brake, which is why some modern bikes with disc brakes have larger discs in front than rear.

still pending to decide wich one to buy, may be from one member from here, maybe to grafton directy, maybe will be waiting for new stock on Pauls as there was and still no more stock on those Paul canti "Tourism"

Re:

Maybe it’s the picture angle but the rear brake pad on the drive side looks well out of alignment.

I changed and used the kool pads from Paul instead of the lighter ones by Steinbach, I tuned a lot of time the pads, the issue is with the rim. I will show you later in a video, I hope in about a few hours

Re:

The pad looks twisted from the side. Nothing to do with the rim surely. Looks almost like it’s touching the tyre at it’s highest point

Here's he video about the issue with the wheel, or rim ? not sure where the problem may came

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhbIZPjsgN8[/youtube]

Back