Alejandro's (Klein) Adroit 1992 Green Gator Target sub < 7Kg

goodyes":jqzmknd8 said:
Yes, it works, I made a photos for you to understand how it works.
The only downside is that sometime one can fall to the ground

Well, in fact there is another downside, I believe: Given the size of the cleats they do not nest into the profile of MTB shoe soles. This means that one cannot get off the bike and carry it if you get stuck in too difficult terrain to ride. Yes, of course, no MTB-er likes such situations but they happen to us quite regularly, don‘t they?

Received Tubes, 41gr each one, so 82gr, is a saving of more of 100gr vs previous Maxxis Flyweight**

12gr for the Seat Binder: Control Tech Titanium** (same as listed).
So a saving of 120gr today.

I will update the main (1st page) weight results soon

PD: The pedals will be on a road cycling shoes, I only find one adapter, that may work, but may need to make a perforation on MTB shoes for work, see attached pic

Any other adaptor for use road pedals on mtb pedals ? or any new show both either road / mtb to be compatible with road pedals ?

Attachments

• IMG_20201113_164628.jpg
    IMG_20201113_164628.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 281
  • IMG_20201113_164753_1.jpg
    IMG_20201113_164753_1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 281
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-13 at 12.16.05.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-13 at 12.16.05.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 281
Currently estimation, a bit more than 6.8 KG

Any one know about fiber carbon cassettes ? better in 7 or 8 speed
Any other component may I get a noticeable weight reduction (except bottom bracked and steering) ?

goodyes":kevyyuap said:
[...]
PD: The pedals will be on a road cycling shoes, I only find one adapter, that may work, but may need to make a perforation on MTB shoes for work, see attached pic

Any other adaptor for use road pedals on mtb pedals ? or any new show both either road / mtb to be compatible with road pedals ?

Well, obviously there is no law against riding your MTB with road race shoes. Riding the bike in off-road terrain it might just happen you need to get off the bike and walk a distance. And that's where road shoes with big cleats won't come too handy.
In fact, I was out today with my unique 1x12 Klein Adroit Pro on my simple "home trail" and I had to get off the bike because of slippery autumn leaves in combination with excessively steep passage and thick tree roots.

Attachments

• IMG_1460.jpg
    IMG_1460.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 273
goodyes":36iwon8w said:

Any other component may I get a noticeable weight reduction (except bottom bracked and steering) ?

Be careful with believing weights from the parts list.
My parts list shows this bike to be just below 8 kg. In reality, I was unable to crack the 8 kg. It currently stands at 8280 g.

KLEINselig":1lipmw74 said:
goodyes":1lipmw74 said:

Be careful with believing weights from the parts list.
My parts list shows this bike to be just below 8 kg. In reality, I was unable to crack the 8 kg. It currently stands at 8280 g.

Well photho of luggae balance show 4.6KG without wheels.
I will check luggae balance later and post some photos compared to the base balance one used on components.

This thread was build to help get the klein sub 7kg, title was never modified.

Yes, I agree, you are well on track to achieve your goal. I was just a bit surprised with the weight of my bike when it was finally finished. I can relatively easily shave another 100 g off, but after that it will become a really difficult and costly exercise.
But your parts list also shows more margin to the 7 kg target than mine did to the 8 kg goal. I think it will easily pan out in your case. I am looking forward to seeing your complete build.

Weigh some things you definitely know the weight of to see how the scales are performing. Both the kitchen scales and the luggage scale you are using should not be trusted without first calibrating. Items could weigh less, or more, than you measure and by quite alot in my experience.
Cheap scales can have ranges that they perform well in, but are rubbish outside of that range, so Ideally you should have test weights from a few grams, in steps, up to around 10kg in this case.

That or just buy more expensive scales that have been calibrated, or get really friendly with your local postoffice/courier company.

I put a lot of water in to a jug.. As you can see. The balance is well, so weight is real. Fault tolerance as shown is +-0.05%

Attachments

• IMG_20201113_214405_1.jpg
    IMG_20201113_214405_1.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20201113_214434.jpg
    IMG_20201113_214434.jpg
    620.9 KB · Views: 218
Back