ALAN Carbon Road Bike, Eighties, Super Record (SOLD)

Marmo

Retro Newbie
ALAN Road Bike built with Campagnolo Super Record

All photos are located here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/57599695@ ... 788487169/

Hello everyone, I spent a couple of years pulling together the various components for this bike and have decided to sell it on to fund other builds and bikes. At the very least I hope you enjoy looking at the pics. Here's the specification:

ALAN carbon and aluminium frame re lacquered with new decals, size is 56x56cm, serial number 139528. Unlike the later Carbonio models this one has aluminium stays, so is unusual for a road frame. The frame is in great condition and looks amazing for the clean up and re-spraying 2 years ago. Headset is Chorus (I was struggling to get an SR) whilst the BB is Record.

Crankset is Campagnolo Super Record. Spotless.

Derailleurs front and rear and the shifters are also Super Record and in very good condition. The front mech was purchased NOS from Campyoldy.

Campagnolo seatpost (25mm) and stem bolt.

Brakes, blocks and levers are Modolo Sporting. I have been tempted to upgrade to Campag but I really like the drilled lever design on the Modolos. Perhaps one for the new owner to resolve.

Cassette is a Regina 7-Speed with a Regina Oro chain. Both items are NOS, again from Campyoldy.

Wheels are Mavic MA40 rims with Campagnolo Croce d'Aune hubs (Fairly certain on this but happy to be corrected). These run very, very smoothly, love 'em!

Cinelli quill stem and 42cm Campione del Mondo bars.

Pedals are Campagnolo Chorus aero pedals with adjustable toe clips and Ofmega straps.

The saddle is a NOS Iscatel World Champion model and it compliments the build really well. I still have the box.

What needs resolving: Very little really as you could ride it away now. The one thing I struggled with was sourcing a BB spindle of the right size. These are not rare items but I never got the size exactly right so on the non drive side the fitting isn't 100% flush. Another niggle is a snapped toe clip and a chainring has a non-Campag bolt fitted. For the sharp eyed amongst you the fork is a Vitus rather than the ALAN original. These can be tracked down but the Vitus is a good alternative.

Looking for: £1,600 or sensible offers. This bike is not on sale elsewhere. I don't want to sell as components.
Delivery: UK only, estimate of £40 or pick up in North London, Enfield.

Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back