Alain Michel

531brazed":rcsnh3rt said:
Its a very good find.
Flat profile rims, none of this aero-nonsense.

Working on it ;)

Blackbike":rcsnh3rt said:
Amazing, unique, exotic, eclectic, esoteric, and I like it :D .

: Mike

Cheers :cool:
531brazed":rcsnh3rt said:
I want one !
sufficiently different to whet my desire

A wee jaunt to Paris you'll find one :D

Jonny69":rcsnh3rt said:
So are those tubes dimpled or is it just a paint effect?

Yes dimpled effect apparently rolled into the tubes ..

Some good info on tubing in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=290542

The hideous painted frame in thread is what I have now .. Toby the then owner had it refinished beautifully :cool:

I bought it from a chap called Stuart .. Maybe bought from Toby ? I do no however none of them built it :facepalm:

Too nice to not use :D

Re:

For the ones interested , I suggest you go there to see other frames built with the shortening of the stays in mind.

Two names in France jump to mind when this subject is discussed
GANOLO and POLCHLOPEK

http://veloretrocourse.proboards.com/thread/1417/ganolo

But a third should be remembered - Samson as it seems that the patent of such a design has been deposited by such person in 1982

Or even a fourth as , as usual with bikes, another patent has been deposited by a Mr Viallard in 1932 !

Re: Re:

bduc61":1bft4xpd said:
nice frame - rare tubing " Mexico" :idea:

see here more info on excel tubing or in my close full chromed Alain Michel

http://veloretrocourse.proboards.com/th ... bes-excell

how long are your stays in cm ?

Many thanks for the link ... Can't read French though :(

Is there a way to translate to English ? I must say I'm intrigued and thrilled as its so unique ..

My stays measured centre of rear axle to centre of bb I have 380mm

bduc61":1bft4xpd said:
For the ones interested , I suggest you go there to see other frames built with the shortening of the stays in mind.

Two names in France jump to mind when this subject is discussed
GANOLO and POLCHLOPEK

http://veloretrocourse.proboards.com/thread/1417/ganolo

But a third should be remembered - Samson as it seems that the patent of such a design has been deposited by such person in 1982

Or even a fourth as , as usual with bikes, another patent has been deposited by a Mr Viallard in 1932 !

I'm heading over to check out those links .. Extra info appreciated

Cheers

Re:

Perfect. The mishmash somehow goes - beige 70s looking frame, 90s looking wheels and 00s groupset. Let me know when you're finished with it. Only thing I might suggest is a change of tyre colour - something a bit more colourful.
I had thought that taking away the carbon wheels would kill it, but actually I think I prefer it like this - those rims are just right.
Although I would still like to see it with a deeper section rim than what was in before - a C75 kind of thing, or some Mavic Cosmics.
Great bike. :D

Re: Re:

james_from_stoke":1vclf8xq said:
Perfect. The mishmash somehow goes - beige 70s looking frame, 90s looking wheels and 00s groupset. Let me know when you're finished with it. Only thing I might suggest is a change of tyre colour - something a bit more colourful.
I had thought that taking away the carbon wheels would kill it, but actually I think I prefer it like this - those rims are just right.
Although I would still like to see it with a deeper section rim than what was in before - a C75 kind of thing, or some Mavic Cosmics.
Great bike. :D

I really wanted to create something slightly different and the classic look wheels just made it look like any other retro steed .. I always loved the look with the carbon wheels but they took a bit of the buzz out the ride :(

However lovely supple veloflex masters do the job nicely :cool:

I'm 99.9% certain I'm finished :LOL:

Alain Michel by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Alain Michel by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back