airB latex tubes

i did,i used to live on the side of ben wyvis in scotland :cool: there was once a grundig round held there(strathpeffer),i entered for a laugh lol on my old topanga...tomac was there!

they were very good tubes . all the french teams used them . and they were not doing too bad . ;)

seemed to knock about a pound in weight off
but you spent more time trying to fix punctures in them
than riding the best use i saw them put to was to tie a gate shut
after we broke the latch half way up the bishop hill
mike

I had them in the early nineties. The first pair I bought were great and lasted over a year with no punctures even though I was training and racing on the only bike I had. When I finaly got a puncture it was ahuge split and could not be repaired. I had liked them so I bought another one which ripped near the valve after about month and could not be repaired. I then bought yet another one which split again and could not be fixed. At £8 a pop trade I gave up at this point and went back to normal tubes at £1.

I thought about it at the time... and I wonder if they were perishing in the shop as the first set I bought were when they came out, and the last ones were from the same stock (I worked in the shop).

just as an aside, best lightweight but good tubes I used are the Tioga Superlights - but can't find them anywhere now.

Anyone seen them about, please let me know :D

Back