advice please. would people rather buy hubs or wheels?

onzadog

Dirt Disciple
I'm pretty certain this isn't a "whats it worth thread" but please accept my apologies in advance if the mods think it is. I've got some wheels in the classifieds but there's not been too much interest. Now, hub/spoke/rim choices can be a very personal thing. Just wonder if people though bare hubs might be more appealing. I just wonder as It's an old hub set (5 bolt bulb) with a very modern rim. I'm happy to keep the rims but the hubs are now surplus.

You may well be right that there would be more interest here in a hubset than in a pair of wheels that is neither retro nor modern. A pair of Hope hubs would sell well on eBay too.

It also depends on which hub/rim combo you've got.

If you have a very desirable combo you might find that you have more buyers than if you just have the seperate parts.

Say if they're XC717 in silver or black (with silver brake surface) or the XM317 these normally do not detract from the sale.

Just looked for the advert.

They Hope BULB hubs ?

First you've posted them in the older Retro era. They should be in the 98+ section (correct if wrong in the date of them, I thought BULB's are early 2000's but unsure.)

You have a limited market to the normal, being disc.

The price is as high as or higher than the more usually sort after Ti-Glide and Suspension/Fatso even if the bulb is a better hub.

Back