Advice on clipless pedals and shoes please for road use only

Re: Advice on clipless pedals and shoes please for road use

Road shoes are for one thing, and one thing alone, riding a bike.
They are no good for walking, running, dancing or wooing the ladies.

They should only be walked in as far as from where you prop your bike up, to the counter at your cafe of choice, then to your table. Where you may show off your fizik disco slippers to other similarly attired individuals, while you sip on your lattefrappiwankitossychino. (Only applies south of the Watford Gap)

Mountain bike shoes can be used for anything. (With the exception of XC race slippers, the soles are so stiff that they make walking almost as tricky as when you have road shoes on)

As long as I can reach a scone it's all good. I often have to stop with the premise of a photo opportunity so don't want to end up on my arse. Thinking pump clips could be used to hold a leki walking pole? Then race/road shoes an option.

Besides, They'll all be blinded by my wingman with his matching bike and attire, talking in a cod American accent, getting us places we shouldn't be. ;)

Trouble is, your wingman will have finished off the pot of tea and all the scones before you get to the tea shop, due to his lightweight carbon footwear imparting every ounce of his energy (and let's face it, an ounce is about all he can manage), while your bendy souled cleated plimsolls (pumps for you Northern types), are both robbing you of power and in a double whammy, bending your feet into shapes that humans have not used since evolving from monkeys.

The History Man":28rb7um3 said:
Thinking pump clips could be used to hold a leki walking pole? Then race/road shoes an option.
No............... Just don't.

This entire thread has been like a virtual shopping trip with the missus - tried on two dozen different slippers and then gone back to the first bloody shop!

34% off SIDI including MTB shoes and a massive 66% off Fizik R1's at Sport Pursuit plus plenty of other cycling bargains to be had.

You have to sign up & join to see the flash sales and they do tend to send you emails everyday but I've bought a fair few things from them and it's all been bob on stuff and vastly reduced prices.

Google sportpursuit - 1st search you get is the one to select.

Thanks but unless I've tried them on.....

Try them on in the shop, go home and order them for less money of the www - that's what I have done in the past!! :facepalm:

Just picked up Shim,ano MO88 shoes on my tried on size for £25.

now for pedals :p

Bargain! :)

Take a look at Ritchey V4Pro pedals - just like Shimano but waaaay lighter and cooler :cool: and more importantly, probably going fairly cheap now that there's a V5 ;)

Back