Advice for attaching cadence magnet to crank arm

Cheers for all the tips, I'll give the pedal axle trick a go tonight. Might lay off the no nails approach though!

any magnet will work. There is really no need to spend £2.50, if you have a spare 'spoke' magnet, or a bunch of fridge magnets you don't care for - any of them will work if they fit in the hole. I broke off the housing of an old 'spoke' magnet for mine.

grilla":2t2ddy96 said:
OK. So do they work?

The powerful ones from ebay let you have more of an air gap, hell if you've forked out for a cadence computer another couple of quid is a drop in the ocean!

gtRTSdh":dpmz9r7l said:
grilla":dpmz9r7l said:
OK. So do they work?

The powerful ones from ebay let you have more of an air gap, hell if you've forked out for a cadence computer another couple of quid is a drop in the ocean!

I got it cheap (second hand) ;)

I pealed the old adhesive pad off of it, and have faced the exposed metal underneath against the pedal axle on the inside of the crank. It doesn't feel completely secure so I've fastened with a cable tie for now. We'll see whether it works or not...

I also have a Cateye cycle computer w/cadence. The magnetic button sticks firmly on my pedal axle without any adhesive and is in perfect position to be read by the sensor on the chain stay. Has worked perfectly for well over 1000 miles. No need to ugly up your crank raw with a tie strap.

Best curyam

Neodymiums are great! Just bung the magnet at the pedal spindle and away you go! You might need to use a screwdriver to lever it off when you want to take the pedal off but what could be neater?! Even enabled me to place the sensor in a location it didn't mess with the writing on the chain stay!

P1100058.jpg

I use a velomann computor with cadance magnet. I use just a ziptie to hold the sensor. When I get the tie a tight as possible I then push it up the tapered crank arm until it is properly wedged. That holds very firm so firm I can barely move it down the crank arm again.

Can this be done with you cadance sensor, or have you done this already?

Back