Aargh - they are re-inventing the wheel A G A I N

well......

I have had 'walk home' with tubes and the same with tubeless.

You can't run jump bikes with tubeless.
About 75% of our bike stash is tubeless.

There's one thing which is VERY bad about tubes - the thorns around here, especially when they flail the hedgerows. That really messes up my commute. Flat after flat. Late for work/college. Some tyres which have tiny tiny bits of thorn in the casing, which punctures the inner tube just about every second day, and is impossible to find. Now this is where tubeless really scores....those baked thorns.

For me, it’s a simple case of really not being arsed. I tried it (tubeless) and the faff at home didn’t out-way the convenience on the ride.
I admit that with practice and carefully planned prep the process would likely get easier but then I go back to my original point; I can’t be arsed 🤪

I've just remembered over my 11oclock caffeine hit.....I have run tubeless!
As a kid every morning I'd pedal to the beach to catch a wave or swim....always bricking it that my GT would get nicked....so I got a wrecker of an old bike and road tubeless, airless and tyreless ......and lockless ....don't think it had brakes either...man was I ahead of the curve 😆

For me, it’s a simple case of really not being arsed. I tried it (tubeless) and the faff at home didn’t out-way the convenience on the ride.
I admit that with practice and carefully planned prep the process would likely get easier but then I go back to my original point; I can’t be arsed 🤪
You lazy Git.

Actually I got it right first time, but only after combining all the ‘craft knowledge’ from a dozen and one articles and Youtube videos. It took ages and the first go was angst-ridden. But they stayed up. And have stayed stayed up. Now it's a quick and 'reflex' process. Looks like a drug dealer's den with all the paraphernalia, but ti's quickly and simple. One key bit is dong the tape and then letting it all rest overnight with a tyre and inner tube done up to max pressure - that really seats the tape well...

The Grom covered Wales in MucOff Sealant. It was very pink. The rock which made the 2cm rip in his Hans Dampf was very pointy. Pink and pointy. Pointy and pink.

Back