A Singlespeeders smile

yo-eddy":3oa3vvxz said:
s_zigmond":3oa3vvxz said:
Cab":3oa3vvxz said:
hoegaardenadds1":3oa3vvxz said:
went to crank hard, wheel slipped in frame, chain fell off!

Run a nutted axle AND a chain tug! (fixed rocks even harder!)

Slighty off topic and i may well set up a seperate thread for this at some point but can anyone recomend a good fixed gear chain. Im sick of mine snapping.

Rohloff S L T 99 (you can use their Trial version on SS also) SLT chain

Thank you will give it ago

s_zigmond":d5alxb4j said:
orange71":d5alxb4j said:
I'm starting to think I may do the Wobble on singlespeed :shock: the thought of crunchy gears in welsh muck really doesn't appeal... we're not exactly going to be going at race speed anyway.

If i do it ill be running single speed. No idea what geat to use though. I normally use 44 *16 but ther is no why i would cope with that

The Wobble has enough up and down (offroad and short road sections) that I'd definitely suggest swopping your chainring for a 32t or you'll be off and running more than me!

Must admit, I am loving my dialledbikes love/hate single speed. The P7 isn't getting a look in at the moment. I think I am converted!

Trevor.

Gone singlespeed today for the first time with my newly built Cotic, knees are giving me some sh@t tonight, just attached my lights for a ride in the morning :? gone rigid too - first time in nearly 17 yrs :shock: LOVED IT!!

clunker":1y2cyplc said:
Gone singlespeed today for the first time with my newly built Cotic, knees are giving me some sh@t tonight, just attached my lights for a ride in the morning :? gone rigid too - first time in nearly 17 yrs :shock: LOVED IT!!

Nice one fella...did you get a Simple? Pictures demanded ;) :D

Harryburgundy":1f2cqjis said:
clunker":1f2cqjis said:

Yes I did get a simple, check out page 5 mate.... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 1&start=60

clunker":3iior6hj said:
Harryburgundy":3iior6hj said:
clunker":3iior6hj said:

Yes I did get a simple, check out page 5 mate.... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 1&start=60

That's exactly what I would have if I had a Simple, down to the same spec, colour, everything. What hubs are you running and where did you get your RC31 from? How does it ride?

Trevor.

That's exactly what I would have if I had a Simple, down to the same spec, colour, everything. What hubs are you running and where did you get your RC31 from? How does it ride?

Trevor.

The hubs are Hope, spent a long time looking for the forks managed to get them new for £100 :shock: , still getting used to solid forks - had a few offs :oops: but loving it mate

Back