A Retro Motobike

Re:

Any more pics? The side panels always seem to go missing on these bikes too!
The SL350 is one of my favourite early 70s Jap bikes, and not that common either.

Yes, the Ebay advert is still accessible at the moment, though I also have those pictures from it saved at home:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371588962987

Here's a some of them:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Yeah, because the sidepanels always get broken they tend to go for a fair bit secondhand, but my intention is to use it as a chance to be creative and make my own! (eventually).

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Brilliant, thanks for the pics! Personally, I would just ride that as-is, but it's a very personal thing. Some people like to restore motorbikes/cars/bikes etc. to perfect condition but I prefer a bit of patina! :D

I believe LPM plastics make replicas of the side panels but they won't be cheap. Probably cheaper than originals though!

Yeah, for now I certainly intend to ride it and get used to it and will only be doing maintenance type stuff and a bit of cleaning. As with my ATBs, I prefer to keep things as they are, but tend to replace or repaint where if feels like it needs doing to extend the life.

I'll try to get some new foam and refurbish the seat at some point, but for now it will just be enjoying it and getting back used to riding :D

Back