A Rambler Epiphany

perry":3uyjfve0 said:
:LOL:

i know . i have an acs freewheel that have very loud clacks , my discs howl at the slightest hint of finger movement . my bottom bracket creaks and i have 2.1 tyres on gravel . my bikes whisper quiet :LOL:

i can hear them talking from far away so theres no reason they cant hear . i even regularly look behind so im not holding anyone up . very few walkers do that

why do dogs walk in a straight line then the moment your front wheel is near they turn and step out infront of you . its like they cant look around without taking a very wide line :LOL:

You need one of these:

3airzound_xl.jpg

I don't think they need that. Unless they shave and get a sex life then they will find life so much more fun ;)

Due to my marinised existence I have quite a lot of experience of c). One day, I rode past about 20 ramblers, pinged my bell (every good bike should have a bell!) and the ones at the back said "Oh, how considerate of you to own a bell!" but the ones at the front still said "Why don't you have a bell?".
Those Airzound things aren't the answer though. I had a bottle cage mounted klaxon once (it's now my boat's horn) and all it did was scare people.

tintin40":3b80bgiq said:
I don't think they need that. Unless they shave and get a sex life then they will find life so much more fun ;)

Aye, but to be fair, that's a couple of insurmountable obstacles for them............and, Mr L G Fromage- is that air horn thang worked off a fizzy pop bottle?
Could ye do "Coke and Mentos" and get a window breaking sonic pulse???

I rode the SDW on a stag do a couple of weeks back. We added a pink basket, pink squeaky horn and pink tasstles to the stag's bike. A liberal dose of some stick-on flowers a tiara and a wand to his Elsworth rounded things off nicely.

The horn worked really well, despite sounding pathetic it was quite loud and when the ramblers spun around see what the noise was they often burst out laughing. We got a lot of goodwill with gates held open for us etc.
:)

You can't win with some ramblers:

you ring your bell - you frighten them
you sound a horn - you frighten them
you shout a warning from afar - you frighten them
you do nothing - you frighten them

:?

Wu-Tangled":g2a00j9g said:
c) Ramblers.

The red sock brigade. This lot are trouble. The Mujahadeen of the outdoor world. They appear to do it for the misery. In that respect I am surprised to find them on the 'tame' South Downs' and not battling the elements in Yorkshire or Basra instead. And The stabilisers...I stopped using stabilisers three decades ago...why do they flail them around like it's the North Face of the Eiger on top of Graffam Woods...?

There were a pair of them at Mayhem, on the course! For the love of Jahova!!!

Back