A plethora of puncture holes

RobMac":10f1pm8h said:
The last spectacular 'blow-out' I had was when the front rim exploded on my Explosif (Kona) :LOL:
IMG_1060.jpg
I had one like that, but in a rear rim, when I was on a tour once. Took the tyre off, rode the five miles to the nearest bike shop on the rim, bought a new rim and tyre from the shop, replaced the wheel and then bought some Jaffa Cakes from the local supermarket to bribe the mechanic into letting me use his truing jig to true the wheel properly. He even made me a cup of tea.

A front blowout of that size must have been pretty scarey.

ringo":26gzg4v9 said:
The last spectacular 'blow-out' I had was when the front rim exploded on my Explosif (Kona)

_________

Good to see our McRetro riding friends like to see value for money out their rims braking surfaces! :D

Ach, a bit of Araldite and he was back out on it the next day ;)

Touch wood I've manaed the whole year with only one puncture, sadly on the road miles from home with no means of fixing it so I had to carry it to the nearest LBS and get them to sort it for me.

It was really LOUD! I'd just pulled away from a standing start I was out the saddle at the time folk thought there'd been a accident. It sounded like a shoot gun going off, this is the second one Ive had the first one was the rear wheel of my RC100.

Many many moons ago, I had a copy of Richards' Ultimate Bicycle Book, which had a double-page of quick get-you-home fixes for MTBs. I can say with absolute certainty that stuffing your tyre with grass will NOT enable you to ride home, or anywhere else for that matter. After walking the 15 miles back, I chucked the book in the bin.

I thought this might be a thread about Keith Richards.

I have stuffed a tube with moss, and it rode pretty well.

Used all sorts over the years.

Even if you are walking it home, something in there will protect your rim.

FSR-Si":3kj4nizi said:
Another one

2012-09-03-475.jpg

2012-09-04-479.jpg

Never ever again will i use continental mountain king tyres, two weeks i had them on had numerous punctures, then this blowout, know idea how it happened as i was riding down a tarmac cyclepath

Someone at a CX race I rode the other month managed to roll their back tyre off the rim - and it was a clincher, not a tub as you might expect!!

David

Back