A nice little ride today...

Maybe I didn't help myself when I rode uphill past someone on a Cervelo time trial bike :LOL:
But the rest didn't have any excuse .
Maybe it's just a road thing , maybe it's me :?

I rode up a road hill past a bloke and his bird out walking their expensive looking road bikes;-) It doesn't happen often.
I have probably only been out a couple of times since Christmas. Today was the best day for months[sun wise], lovely and sunny and it seemed to be lighter on the way home than last time I was out and a nice balmy 6ºC I am told. I am not to good at taking pic's, I need reading glasses to see the little writing on the camera, so it's pot luck what it's settings are. Anyway here's Leith hill from Denbies on Ranmore. I try and remember to take a pic the other way tomorrow afternoon, yes it's going to be nice, it is.

Attachments

• leith-19jan.jpg
    leith-19jan.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 845
Not sure why i am telling you this but 40 min bimble around East Preston with the missus :oops: did have to ride around a young guy on a private road and left him in my wake , when i say young his bike had steady wheels :LOL:
Paul

just about caught the last of the light yesterday and made it out for a couple of hours on the CX bike over the Downs.

Met a nice group of blokes who'd never seen one before so got chatting about that for a while and foolisly told them despite running low enough psi to have to be careful for dings on the rim that i never got pinch punctures. next hill down and round the corner cue pinch puncture. managed to get the tube in and out quick enough despite no tyre levers (thank god for house keys) but my f-in pump wouldn't put any more than f-all air in. managed to find a road soon enough to spin the rest of the ride back on.

knackered myself anyway, which was the point :)

ride:
http://ridewithgps.com/trips/2174613

Rackham Hill:

Attachments

• Rackham Hill [web].jpg
    Rackham Hill [web].jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 830
Went out for a spin on Saturday, on one of my local road loops, the gravel road sections were under water, but thanks to the full length mud guards I remained clean & dry

Managed a quick hour saturday , half road half light off road ( fire road type stuff)
wet muddy and i remember why i used to do this :D

Did someone say mudguards ?

Wasn't aware such language was acceptable on this forum ! :evil:
You'll be telling me you had full gloves on next :roll:

I was out yesterday. It was a glorious day and a lovely rid3....until the heavens opened 6miles from home. Got absolutely soaked through........worth it though

Back