A Happy Ending. Heartfelt thanks Please read.

Re: A warning. Please read.

Wow , glad your around to share that with us .Im 54 seriously overweight and trying to get back into riding again , lost 3 stone stone , put another back on from x mass etc etc :oops: went out a few weeks back for a couple of hours and rode a small part of one of my old loops , on the way back i attempted a climb that i used to do when i was 20 years younger and 7 stone lighter :facepalm: OMG got about half way before i had to stop and get off . i did not have the chest pains or anything that you had but my lungs felt like they were going explode and i felt weak and sick , had to stop for a good 5 mins before i could catch my breath enough to continue , a huge wake up call to realise i cant do what i did and how far i have to go and that i have to work up slowly . just checked my heart rate here at my desk and its 78 !!!
Thanks again for sharing your experience and i wish you a speedy recovery
All the best Paul

thought it had been quiet round here.

Well done for surviving, now get better, fitter and get in shape for MM!

Well done you lucky old soul :D At least its a wake up call to have niggles looked at, illness can strike anybody at any age :?

Very scary, bloody 'el! Really glad you survived! :shock:
When will you be back on a bike then?

I'm 47 in a couple of weeks....

looks a nice bike worth washing down :facepalm:
follow my fitness regime; allways walk up hills
and if your blowing a gasket get off and walk;
lay off the kebabs :D
take it easy.

First rounds on y... oh, no, sorry

Who's up for a keba... oh, again, sorry, no

Quick! Run for i... dang, again, sorry!

NeilM":3le6545p said:
Glad to hear you got your priorities right, hose the bike off, then call 111. :facepalm:
Chest pains and feeling a bit odd? Don't bother with 111; call 999 and don't feel guilty about it!
Put you're feet up HM and try not to open up the angioplasty wound. A blood soaked crotch in Robert Dyas aint funny!
Good luck with the rehab; gently does it, and try and enjoy your enforced rest.

Back