A dream come true…1994 MC2 Klein Adroit Nightstorm.

Rio":21o1tkod said:
Very cool Adroit!! Love the matching Judy's, and the Magics work great too. I would only change the wheelset. Some nice blue Ringle hubs, silver spokes and CD or ceramic rims. But that's just my taste of course...
Great build!

Thank you for the advise Rio. I'll look into that! ;)

Amazing Pictures !! So impressiv

Which Cam do you use ?

Iam still searching for an Adroit Storm for myself

Great you got yours now !!

Cheers

Florian

audi-allroad":apf0b2fn said:
Amazing Pictures !! So impressiv

Which Cam do you use ?

Iam still searching for an Adroit Storm for myself

Great you got yours now !!

Cheers

Florian

Thank you Florian.

I use a Nikon D700 as my work horse. The lens I used for this photoshoot's a 60mm f2.8 Macro. Shot using a tripod.

I guess I can could count myself very very lucky indeed. I saw your bikes and I have to admit I love them all! Good job man!

Nice bike and great photos!

However, the nightstorm theme on fork lowers cannot be original for Klein did not paint suspension forks anymore after 1993 model year. Not even on special priced paintjobs like Storm/Nightstorm.

Archangel":3jvbjlni said:
Nice bike and great photos!

However, the nightstorm theme on fork lowers cannot be original for Klein did not paint suspension forks anymore after 1993 model year. Not even on special priced paintjobs like Storm/Nightstorm.

Thank you for the compliment. I do appreciate your information as well.

Well… I do understand that the paint job looks like an after market job and that was the exact sentiment I had on the fork when I first saw it as well. I have gotten some confirmations till date that this is an original paint job for the fork. Do you need better quality pictures for your reference?

klein_mantra_320.jpg

dancingjack":28qjgzma said:
Well… I do understand that the paint job looks like an after market job and that was the exact sentiment I had on the fork when I first saw it as well. I have gotten some confirmations till date that this is an original paint job for the fork.

Where / from whom have you gotten the confirmation about its originality?

The Nightstorm Mantra is much newer one and that is a one-off, made for Klein employee like the Storm Mantra too. Ordinary customers couldn't get forks and stems painted to match.
http://www.oldklein.com/kleinit/MantraNightstorm.htm

I remember someone on this forum or MTBR.com saying that when he was ordering his Klein back in the day and wanted to get his suspension fork painted, Klein had informed him that "we don't do it anymore".

Now, I'm not saying that it would be impossible, it could be originally made for Klein employee who could have gotten it painted by his colleague but then again one could wonder why the crown wasn't painted at the same time.

It's just that I have NEVER seen a Klein with factory painted suspension fork made after 1993. And trust me, I know a lot about Kleins.
There are some late 1993 Kleins with Storm paintjob that have RS Mag forks and in those forks the crown is painted with storm clouds but the lowers are black and do not include lightning bolts. Also those Storm/Nightstorm bikes with rigid forks do not have lightning bolts on forks, only clouds and KLEIN logos.
Yours have lightning bolts and no Klein logos thus making it somewhat questionable to be original factory spec.

All in all, your bike is awesome and it doesn't change even though the fork might have been painted afterwards or not.
My own '96 Adroit's Strata fork and MC2 have been painted to match by a professional painter here in Finland and I think it's very nice. Might nothave as good resales value as the original but it doesn't matter since I'm not planning to to rid of it... ;)

Confirmation from two sources. First from the ex-owner and the other, came from the riding buddy of the first owner. There were only 2 Night Storm which landed on my shores here in Singapore and 1 of which belongs to me now.

I do not question your knowledge over Klein Bikes neither will I do so. But one thing which majority of the Klein owners do agree is that a lot of the stuffs they did weren't exactly documented even when it came to the specific quantity, template and colour codes.

Like I mentioned, I would be more than happy to take some high resolution pictures for all to judge and debate about. I did examine the fork numerous times and the fork does match the frame's paint job, painted by Jim in 1994.

Have a great day!

;) ;)

Archangel":23q6h1bx said:
dancingjack":23q6h1bx said:
Well… I do understand that the paint job looks like an after market job and that was the exact sentiment I had on the fork when I first saw it as well. I have gotten some confirmations till date that this is an original paint job for the fork.

The Nightstorm Mantra is much newer one and that is a one-off, made for Klein employee like the Storm Mantra too. Ordinary customers couldn't get forks and stems painted to match.

I remember someone on this forum or MTBR.com saying that when he was ordering his Klein back in the day and wanted to get his suspension fork painted, Klein had informed him that "we don't do it anymore".

Now, I'm not saying that it would be impossible, it could be originally made for Klein employee who could have gotten it painted by his colleague but then again one could wonder why the crown wasn't painted at the same time.

It's just that I have NEVER seen a Klein with factory painted suspension fork made after 1993. And trust me, I know a lot about Kleins.
There are some late 1993 Kleins with Storm paintjob that have RS Mag forks and in those forks the crown is painted with storm clouds but the lowers are black and do not include lightning bolts. Also those Storm/Nightstorm bikes with rigid forks do not have lightning bolts on forks, only clouds and KLEIN logos.
Yours have lightning bolts and no Klein logos thus making it somewhat questionable to be original factory spec.

All in all, your bike is awesome and it doesn't change even though the fork might have been painted afterwards or not.
My own '96 Adroit's Strata fork and MC2 have been painted to match by a professional painter here in Finland and I think it's very nice. Might nothave as good resales value as the original but it doesn't matter since I'm not planning to to rid of it... ;)

Confirmation from two sources. First from the ex-owner and the other, came from the riding buddy of the first owner. There were only 2 Night Storm which landed on my shores here in Singapore and 1 of which belongs to me now.

I do not question your knowledge over Klein Bikes neither will I do so. But one thing which majority of the Klein owners do agree is that a lot of the stuffs they did weren't exactly documented even when it came to the specific quantity, template and colour codes.

Like I mentioned, I would be more than happy to take some high resolution pictures for all to judge and debate about. I did examine the fork numerous times and the fork does match the frame's paint job, painted by Jim in 1994.

Have a great day!

;) ;)

Archangel":27fqq6kc said:
dancingjack":27fqq6kc said:

Back