A bit of all white...but what is it?

Its also interesting that the 531 decal is very good condition but all the other decals are missing one has to wonder if its a re-paint & these have been added afterwards, pulling out the forks & possibly seeing the original colour on the stem may show its original colours.

My old Raleigh has the usual 3 rivet fixing badge, I'm not sure when they adopted the bonding method.

I have three old bikes around the same age, (my friend has one also) all look same lugs all different types of serial numbering, late 1980s early 1990s there were a few major manufacturers making frames & so many companies then adding their own badges equipment etc. As I mentioned before seat post sizing maybe good start on detective work.

The hard plastic cable guide on the bottom bracket seems found on some bicycles around 1980 and indeed, the serial number begins with "80...." My stamped cable guide is stamped with the name "Vitus" and no, the frame is only a high tension steel.

Maybe someone here knows about the plastic cable guide on the BB, I was not aware of those on most '70s bikes.

So, this link is good that was posted: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=178542 but would an '87 Raleigh have an "80.." stamp.

That serial number seems to throw a curve at the Raleigh numbering system to me but who knows.

Interesting! It looks very raleigh-esque - even the seat stay caps and brake bridge look like the ones on my 501 Sirocco - apart from the brace thingy across the chainstays which looks far too posh! If the components are original then they only started making biopace in '83 and sante abut '87?

Many parts look very similar to a 1970's Rayleigh 'Milk Race' I have, rear wheel drop out's, steering tube, lugs and cable guiodes etc.
I modified it about 20 yrs ago to use flat bars and 'Grip Shift'

Re:

Well I now can't attend the festive club ride I was going to use it for so I'm selling it earlier than I thought I would.

I'm actually going to stick it on LFGSS as there's a better chance of collection there.

Message me if you are interested.

Cheers

Stu

Am more inclined to go with generic I have a frame identical only smaller and its not a raleigh it came to me badged as a harry hall but i had my doubts

Attachments

• 20151024_073937.jpg
    20151024_073937.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 358
Back