'99 Orange Ms Isle rebuild time!

ChrisR":1qp8nwqs said:
True. Still going to need a set of we adaptors for my front wheel though as the front hub is currently 20mm bolt through. Not too big an issue though.

The ones linked need a tidy up but are more sensible money compared to pikes.

There always seem to be QR adapters for sale for not too much cash on the Bay, STW etc.

I'm always amazed by the amount of money that Pikes command second hand; I barely lost anything on my original coil ones, despite not costing much to buy in the first place.

My preference would be for Bombers (I don't think I have ever forgiven Rock Shox for giving us the Psylo). All of my Bombers have been flawless, although I am aware they Marzocchi did have a wobble for a couple of years when they moved away from simple, bomb proof forks.

ChrisR":qn2vegbx said:
If I were to win them I'd be tempted by a set of these to keep the theme going!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270987310...ee-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1#ht_1852wt_934

Defo - or see if Gil_M can reproduce the gothic stye Bomber logo's that the forks had new in gold. That era fork are great - my 03 ones are ace, and I picked them up for peanuts (couple of marks on the lowers, but stanchions perfect, no leaks and a working ETA system). Not too heavy eaither and plenty stiff enough on my hardtail.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yeah pikes are still expensive, they donnt make them anymore do they?

What was wrong with the psylo? I thought they were ok? They go well on the ms isle.

My patriot originally came with fox r125's so maybe look for them?

I too love marz from that era, solid forks. It was only after they moved production from italy to taiwan in 07 i believe. Not a bad thing being made in taiwan i hear you say but they had loads of trouble with leaks and dodgy carts and stuff. Only really just getting back on their feet. You have to make a fork that stands out against the rest to regain credibility, theyre doing this with the micro ti series.

That set end later tomorrow so will see.

Waiting for poxy PayPal to verify my account (never spent so much through PayPal in such a short space of time). Waiting for two small payments to lift my spending limit lol. Hopefully have enough before that for the forks though :D

cyfa2809":1487tews said:

What was wrong with the psylo? I thought they were ok? They go well on the ms isle.

I too love marz from that era, solid forks. It was only after they moved production from italy to taiwan in 07 i believe. Not a bad thing being made in taiwan i hear you say but they had loads of trouble with leaks and dodgy carts and stuff. Only really just getting back on their feet. You have to make a fork that stands out against the rest to regain credibility, theyre doing this with the micro ti series.

Pikes are now replaced by revelations I believe.

cyfa2809":1kbloy8m said:

The Psylo was awful! I've never ridden such a wobbly fork in my life. Even with a teeny rotor they used to flex under braking. They used to break a lot too.

I think as soon as Marz followed the trend for adjustable travel forks it all went wrong...the original ATA cartridge was useless (my AM1's spent more time at Windwave waiting for new cartridges than they did on my bike). They are better, but still seem prone to failure. The RC3 cartridge is a different story.....awesome.

I think there is a demand for simple products (i.e. people like me who hate adjustable travel). If only Marz would start doing something like this again.....open bath, coil, rebound, compression = happy days.

As a judgement on price a set of pikes I was watching had quite heavily marked lowers then badly repainted (so in my mind needed a full strip and repaint). And missing maxle just sold today for £147! Bit much IMO for what is an old and tatty looking fork.

ChrisR":329t3n7z said:
As a judgement on price a set of pikes I was watching had quite heavily marked lowers then badly repainted (so in my mind needed a full strip and repaint). And missing maxle just sold today for £147! Bit much IMO for what is an old and tatty looking fork.

Sheesh...that is a lot of money. I pair of Fox 36's with cracked axle clamp sold for £160 today. Madness....I think people get carried away on E-Bay. I set a limit as to what I think something is worth and don't bid above that. If it works out - great, if not onto the next one.

Yea that's how I see it. I don't see the point in starting a bidding war. Only ends in paying more than you think an item is worth.

Back