98 Ground Control FSR Disc Conversion

isitafox

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Wanting to convert my forthcoming ground control fsr to dual disc so I'm looking for anything to do the job be it a sharkfin or a stay from a later model.

there was one on ebay recently - the auction may be live. unfortunately Ive deleted it from my wtch list it was NOS :D

I have converted my 1998 fsr ground control comp using an A2Z disk brake adapter and a couple of rose joints and a turned/ tapped length of aluminium to secure it to the brake boss. It works a treat.

I have also used a kit from rock'n'roll bikes called the onza disc brake adapter/converter I think and I converted my sister's Zaskar LE using it. About thrity quid for the kit I think although an unused one just went on fleabay for £18. This comes with a longer QR skewer to accommodate the extra material butting onto the dropout.

Regards

Attachments

• onza disk brake adapter converter.jpg
    onza disk brake adapter converter.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 405
I will have a complete hope c2 with torque arm hope bulb /mavic d521 rim and the correct axle for swaps for a standard set up as I want to go the other way and put v brakes on

Should have updated this, I didn't end up buying the Ground Control and got a Stumpy FSR with a Sharkfin instead!

Back