'97 saracen hardtrax 'pics with manitou mars on now'

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Do the brakes and shox work ok then, with the makeshift hanger?

@ Coomber - cheers man, sounds like a good idea. :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
^ Hmmm, seems like a solution! :p

@Coombs - Those Marzocchi forks look amazing - but pricy, for new ones haha (you were thinking of 90s ones, tho?). Plus, I'd need black ones to match me colour scheme (new rim-brake compatible ones are white, boo).

Tbh - I'm not bothered about period stuff, it's more of an in-keeping update. So it's got new tyres, saddle, etc - but similar/updated brakes, deraillers, shifters etc (new altus and alivio).

These are not part of my colour scheme, everything I have done has been blue, fortunately the blue seals tie this in and with a red lizard skin and bottle cage it works IMO :LOL:

It's beautiful, to be picky I would like, in order, a new seat (after 10 constant miles this one hurts, but no idea which one to get, mates are recommending a charge spoon saddle, but flites are amazing to look at???), wider flat bars with more sweep back (got a stem yesterday that should work), 1.9 folding maxxis high rollers. Might also put the big ring back on for when the summer is here and big flat open trails are back in use :LOL:

But like I say it's an on going project, but I'm also trying to save up for a new car and trying to buy a Marin frame forks stem and bars off a mate - matt if your reading this I'm talking about you, buy a new frame already!! ;) - hopefully the sale of a few bikes and parts will free up some cash for the bike related wishes :D

Didn't realise I'd not put more photos up, it's currently on flat bars and it's staying that way, looks so much better. The risers were just tempery until i found a stem that would let me put flat bars back on. I do have a set of oversized risers I could put on but they just loose that old skool look :cry:

Back