'97 saracen hardtrax 'pics with manitou mars on now'

Single ply I believe, bought them for my kona a while ago, single seems fine, I'm firm in the belief that 42a all the way for tyres, but matt thinks they wear too fast and sticks to 60a. Only ever bought soft compound!

His plan is to stick a 1x10 gearing on the Marin then swap all onto a carbon frame when he can afford it

That's me, yes I was having a wee, didn't realise that in the pic or I wouldnt of put it up :oops:

Just bought some suspension forks for it - manitou - raps???? £420 quid new 12 years ago, disc and v mount, lock out, look around 100mm travel, gun a send them off to be serviced then need to sell some parts to buy a stem and headset :D

Also gun a polish up my slx crank and stick that on here off my other bike with the new bb I bought with it :D

Should be cool with a new stem and headset. Will keep an eye on how u get on with the forks too.

Wouldn't mind some at some point (and a new seat tube), but both are stuck fast and I'm not lookin forward to freeing them up, lol.

Seat post an easy fix :D

Read all sorts of ways to do it but, cut the top off leaving about an inch or 2. Hack saw blade down, struggle, cut it in 3 pieces clamp together, turn frame upside down to rattle bits out. Clean/polish inside of seat tube and done!

Are manitou mars* (retard moment) :oops: Swaps for a set of dmr motos, plus 30/40 quid to rebuild - good deal??

Haha - cheers dude. When it's time to change the seat post, I'll do exactly that. :) Did you have the same prob w/yours?

Back